Hydra issues! Please help!

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Ok so I bought the hydra for my 1994.5 7.3 F-250 ZF-5 4x4, I installed it just like the instructions said. Truck won't start, check engine light comes on, wait to start light does not come on. So I talk with the guy that sold me the Hydra he loaded tunes for an automatic, no big deal. So I grabbed my BOX code BEG8, looked into the Hydra flash for my box code. Apparently my box code doesn't exist. What the hell??! So the tells me to try a few things, reconnecting, cleaning, and even loading different tunes. Still no go, same issue every time! Truck won't start, check engine light on, and no wait to start. Can anyone please help with this. Is the chip shot?? Thanks.

79jasper

Reaction score
You may have took too much off.
You should be using Vdabo_04 tunes, Iirc. Don't have my truck handy to check. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
And you made sure to get it out of the no start setting correctly? If all that checks out and you've got the correct hex code tunes loaded you probably got a bad chip. Call php and they will get it sorted out.

79jasper

Reaction score
Not doubting your skills, but likely didn't get the retinning right.
I would send the pcm and chip in to php. Pretty quick turn around.

internationalthreat

Reaction score
And you made sure to get it out of the no start setting correctly? If all that checks out and you've got the correct hex code tunes loaded you probably got a bad chip. Call php and they will get it sorted out.

What's the proper way to get it out of the "no start"?? I'm not sure if I have the proper tunes, i have a BEG8 box code but it doesn't show up in the drop down menu. So I'm not sure what hex code to use. I was told to use VCAB02-02 but no go, didnt work. I've been in contact with PHP through email, but figured I would just ask here to.

79jasper

Reaction score
Odd because they told me to use the VDABO_04 OR 02.
You just cycle the key a couple times.

dsberman94

Reaction score
What's the proper way to get it out of the "no start"?? I'm not sure if I have the proper tunes, i have a BEG8 box code but it doesn't show up in the drop down menu. So I'm not sure what hex code to use. I was told to use VCAB02-02 but no go, didnt work. I've been in contact with PHP through email, but figured I would just ask here to.

Cycle the key to on, take chip from NS to anything else. Turn key off and back on again and it's out. Same to put it into and out of chip bypass.

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Ok someone told me to put it into 00 turn off then cycle to on then change to whatever tune, then cycle off, then cycle key on. I'll look for the other hex code and try. Thanks

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Well I pulled it all apart again, and low and behold, one small tiny bit of copper was showing!! Loaded in a 80hp tune, cycled the key, did all the steps, and she fired up!! Hit the throttle and there was a puff of black!! She works!! Not that I'm doing this for the smoke, was just making sure she took the tune, cause this thing couldn't smoke for the life of her before!! Thanks everyone for the help!! Really appreciate it!!

Fighting wolf

Reaction score
Did you have to re program the chip or change the PCM at all I have a Hydra for an auto and want to drop in a zf5 but didn't know if my chip would still ok to run when I do the conversion

Latest posts

Members online