weird issue after e fuel install

79jasper

Reaction score
I've heard where the harness passes over the valve cover is a common chafe point.
Might check the wires to the IPR and stuff also, since those are right there also.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
Not sure if you're familiar with the obs setup, but they have their own small ipr pigtail section of harness with a connector, which also has all fuel bowl connections on it, which I replaced with a brand new Ford harness a while back, because the old ipr harness didn't look great. And yes, I guess I need to disect the harness and look for chaffed wires I guess. I'll be lucky if I even get thanksgiving off work, who knows when I'll have time to look at it.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Well it seems I may have had a dud sensor, I swapped in an original used black cps I had in my toolbox at work I pulled from a truck with a cps code, but I suppose it was from excessive due to a broken ipr wire. Popped it in, and she fired right up, and had no skipping to speak of

Got4wd

Reaction score
Bumping this to the top since I'm in the middle of this swap myself. On the rear head drivers side were you able to remove the fitting or did you have to cut it? I have a single piece one and looks like it will hit the up pipes?

rusty1161

Reaction score
On my truck I had to cut it. My Strictly Diesel regulated return kit instructions also said you can pry on the exhaust for clearance. But I ended up needing to cut mine to get it out.

Rusty

ghohouston

Reaction score
I packed my fitting full of grease to keep metal from falling into the fuel system, and cut it. And fyi, this issue did come back, ended up being the selector valve stuck between positions. I was ready to pull my hair out trying to figure out the problem 3 hrs from home.

Got4wd

Reaction score
On my truck I had to cut it. My Strictly Diesel regulated return kit instructions also said you can pry on the exhaust for clearance. But I ended up needing to cut mine to get it out.

Rusty

Is there a way to blow out the system with the shavings or not really something to worry about? Thanks

Got4wd

Reaction score
I packed my fitting full of grease to keep metal from falling into the fuel system, and cut it. And fyi, this issue did come back, ended up being the selector valve stuck between positions. I was ready to pull my hair out trying to figure out the problem 3 hrs from home.

Good idea. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online