Carli Brake lines leaking

HuntTx777

Reaction score
Just picked my truck up from getting my Carli leveling kit installed only to bring it right back. By the time I made it home I noticed two things, brakes had gotten squishy and front end felt like it was wandering a little. Turns out they thought it was unnecessary to change the caster shims and both front brake lines were leaking pretty bad at the calipers. I left the truck with them over night but they do not want to use the Carli lines, they will be putting my factory lines back on. Anyone ever here some sh*t like this? For the record I have owned four diesels and put leveling kits on the past three on my own so I’m pretty familiar with em. I simply didn’t want to jack with it..

sootie

Reaction score
Just picked my truck up from getting my Carli leveling kit installed only to bring it right back. By the time I made it home I noticed two things, brakes had gotten squishy and front end felt like it was wandering a little. Turns out they thought it was unnecessary to change the caster shims and both front brake lines were leaking pretty bad at the calipers. I left the truck with them over night but they do not want to use the Carli lines, they will be putting my factory lines back on. Anyone ever here some sh*t like this? For the record I have owned four diesels and put leveling kits on the past three on my own so I’m pretty familiar with em. I simply didn’t want to jack with it..
Only easy to know if you need the shims, and enter to set them is on an alignment rack. I haven't seen a truck that didn't need them fwiw.

Whats wrong with the Carli brake lines? Where are they leaking?

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I have those brake lines... No leaking. But i can see how it could leak if someone isn't careful enough to clean the mating surface on the caliper since the "flange" on the Carli are a little larger than the Ford ones. Some dirt trapped in between could prevent an adequate crushing of the copper washer.

Latest posts

Members online