6.4 T6 Single Turbo

Koenig

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience/feedback with the T6 setup? I know it’s supposed to be a drag/pull only setup but I had a very “non-streetable” combo on my old truck and with the correct throttle position I was able to make it work and had lots of fun with it. Just wondering if any ill effects would come from having too large of a turbine inlet such as a T6...

SinisterX

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience/feedback with the T6 setup? I know it’s supposed to be a drag/pull only setup but I had a very “non-streetable” combo on my old truck and with the correct throttle position I was able to make it work and had lots of fun with it. Just wondering if any ill effects would come from having too large of a turbine inlet such as a T6...
I think as long as you're prepared for the lag , the only other downfall would be the constant haze out the pipe while driving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Koenig

Reaction score
I’m also curious as to when people have said egts went through the roof due to too large of a single...I had a gtx4294r and it was very smoky down low but egts were normal until higher up in the rpms and when boost was north of 50 lbs....just want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

SinisterX

Reaction score
I’m also curious as to when people have said egts went through the roof due to too large of a single...I had a gtx4294r and it was very smoky down low but egts were normal until higher up in the rpms and when boost was north of 50 lbs....just want to make sure I’m not missing anything.
I never had a egt monitor when I was stock tuned turbos so I can't compare. But at 75mph on 35x 12.5s 2000rpms I'm high 700s and at 55-60 I'm 600s. Highways uphill grades I'll get up to 900s

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
Why would you want to use a T6 flange for a single on the street in the first place? The large exhaust housing would hurt spool up and you wouldn't get it spinning to its max potential thus hurting peak power. Unless it is a competition truck and a class requirement I would advise against anything but a T4. IA T4 will outperform a T6 as a single in every aspect.

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
6.4 won’t flow enough to see a benefit over a t4 476-480. Stay t4 and 87 turbine and it’ll make good power and still light good with the right converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online