Blend Door Actuators, Pic Heavy

djr4x4

Reaction score
So im blowing cold on the driver side but passenger side is blowing warm? Which one do i need to replace? Behind the dash by the radio?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

08REDSLED

Reaction score
It should be the one by the radio, I had the same symptom and thats the one I replaced, and it fixed it

Of course now its the opposite - hot on the drivers side and cold on the passenger, so I pull the one by the pedals and its working, as is the one behind the radio and appears to function as intended, I have tried tackling one by the passenger floorboard yet, seems odd it would be the problem though

Big Bad 6.4

Reaction score
I had that problem 2 years ago, after messing with the heat setting a couple times and shutting off and restarting the truck is cleared up. Maybe I was just lucky.

Sent from my Diesel iPhone using Tapatalk

djr4x4

Reaction score
Thx for this writeup.. tore it apart. Swapped em out and passenger side blows cold again.. 🖒🖒🖒

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
np. when i made this write up, there were blend door questions and new threads literally every day.

now there is not. occasional question here, and thats it.

:D

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i definitely wouldn't go that far, lol

maybe honorable mention status, but not legend.

estoppel101

Reaction score
Tree Trimmer, I know it has been sometime since you created this post. If you can remember, on the lower left blender actuator, did you just access that by going up from the floorboard? I presume there is no need to remove the dash to get to it. Just somehow have to to get your hands in there?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if your replacing the one by the accelerator pedal, yes, lay on the floor and look up.

that one is the easiest one to replace. the hard part about that one is getting yourself into a position to reach it.

i laid on my back on the floor, with my head by the brake pedal / go pedal, and reached up and back to reach it. it'll take you a minute of adjusting yourself into position but once you find it your golden.

otherwise, i suppose you could lay across the floor on your side between the seat and dash and reach as well but that would put one of your arms under you and you need both of them.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the only actuator that requires any disassembly of anything is the one behind the radio.

otherwise its just above and to the right of the go pedal, or on the underside of the dash, visible from the floor on the bottom of the case.

estoppel101

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Your sticky motivated me to do this myself. I cannot believe how much the dealer wanted and all the things they wanted to do in order to replace a $25 part.

Benbrig09

Reaction score
New here. Working on these now. Ford oem said I needed 4 blend doors. I only know of the 3. The one by the pedal controls the vents. If your stuck in defrost mode that should be the one to replace as it was for me. Easiest one to replace. I have replaced the one behind the dash (easy but takes some time. Step by step on YouTube.) And I have replaced the one by the floorboard. Drivers side works great passenger side is stull stuck on cold. Does anyone know which blend door controls the passenger side? I have dual climate 2008 Ford F-350. Maybe the one in the dash was bad before putting it in?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
or you didn't line them up before putting them in.

you shouldn't be able to get the bolts tight if you didn't line them up, but I've seen people do weirder stuff.

look through my pics on the first page, and see if you replaced that one behind the dash.

and no. I don't know of their being 4. just the three.

and did you check to see if you have it on dual climate, or single?

Rick 2010kingranch

Reaction score
i have a 2010 350 king ranch. i have taken it all apart and mine looks nothing like that i have no actuator. there is a cover with 2 gears and a short metal arm with a hole on the end of it going towards the airbag side what is wrong with mine?? thanks

briankelowna

Reaction score
Update on blend door actuators

On a dual zone HVAC 2010 F350 I found

1) the actuator located beneath the lower left corner of the glove box controls the hot-air cold air blend for the driver-side ....... removal is relatively easy but requires 8 mm wrench not socket as the socket won't fit. I had to create a 3-inch by 3-inch Square wood block and stuff it in to keep pressure on the plastic duct vent so that I could access the back screw. You should start with the back screw first as it is easier to access when the front screw is still on

2) the actuator located just above the gas pedal controls the direction of airflow from floor to vent to front window .. it was easy to access though hard on the neck and back

When installing new actuators you will have to turn on the ignition so that the actuator locates it's correct alignment before you fully insert the actuator driver

If you call the Ford parts department they will email you a diagram of the HVAC system here you will see exactly where are the actuators are located .....they are listed on the diagram as part number 19E616A

Latest posts

Members online