Sway bar for Carli 4.5” full leafs

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my 4.5” Carli Commuter system with full Deavers and these kits are worth every penny! The wife didn’t even complain about putting her makeup on in the truck and that’s the REAL test. One thing I have noticed is the increased body roll. I know it’s to be expected to a degree with the center of gravity being higher now. I do recall seeing a post by someone on here about their Helwig not fitting with full Deavers so what I’d like to know is who has experience with fitting a sway bar with full Deavers and what works? I do almost no towing if that helps.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I'm using a set of Icon swaybar links originally intended for the front of a 1999-2004 Superduty with 12" lift. I had intended to use them on my previous truck for the rear (7" lift) but never got around to it. My current 2016 truck has OEM leafs with OUO 8" traction blocks/bars and the length works perfectly. I use the OEM anti-sway bar which came with the F350 and towing package. My logic was that I wanted some flex in the bar for uneven terrain, and something like a Hellwig wouldn't allow it.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my 4.5” Carli Commuter system with full Deavers and these kits are worth every penny! The wife didn’t even complain about putting her makeup on in the truck and that’s the REAL test. One thing I have noticed is the increased body roll. I know it’s to be expected to a degree with the center of gravity being higher now. I do recall seeing a post by someone on here about their Helwig not fitting with full Deavers so what I’d like to know is who has experience with fitting a sway bar with full Deavers and what works? I do almost no towing if that helps.

that was me. I could have made it work. I still may. I called Carli to talk about adding it back(reinstalling). He insisted I shouldn't do it. said defeats purpose of it being soft, and I would add stiffness back. I have traction bars that I think help, but I want to put it back on cause like you I think it may be a little sloppy for driving it like a porsche around the highways. I don't off road it, and I think the softer leafs make it a little too loose. I just quit my job to goto nursing school, so I will try to get it back on this week. I will update this post, with what ever I find. By the way I have 2.5" leafs I think it would have fit with the 4.5" but I aint sure

Latest posts

Members online