Front end noise after bumps

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I have what seems to be my left front(can feel it with my feet) making a hobbling noise(like a bad strut) after I hit the smallest of bumps. If I hit another bump, jerk steering wheel, or decel it goes away.

I JUST replaced the roller bearing on the inside of the hub. It was demolished and broke all apart after I knocked it out. The entire wheel end was filled with rust and mud. Last year I buried that wheel end in mud and water for several hours, so this is no surprise.

Anyway I cleaned everything up, greased the **** out of the new bearing and hub. Still makes this sound. I havent tried it yet, but before I replaced the bearing if I left the hubs locked it was fine, didnt do it.

Also my knuckles have enough play in them that they sheared of the grease zerks on both upper ball joints.

:wtf:

ghohouston

Reaction score
How do the u joints feel? Ball joints? Checked swaybar links and bushings? I've seen the sway bar links bolts loosen up quite often in our work trucks, and you can't tell until you tighten the bolts if theyre loose., or the bushings get worn out

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
When truck is in the air the joints have what I think is respectable play, but hard to tell how they are on the ground. swaybar link are good, but I Think the bushing on axle are a different story. Hard to think those could be the cause since just a tiny bump sets it off and it can go on for blocks if another bump isnt hit.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I was thinking of slapping my go pro down there and see if when its happening if the knuckled starts spinning, like its engaging than disengaging when another bump is hit

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Replaced right side axle bearing and axle dust seal and spindle seal. Fixed

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
bumping this back up here...

I have like mentioned replaced the inner hub bearing. since then I have replaced the entire shaft, u joint, seals and all with a one piece unit from eBay. It works great.

Last week I locked the hubs and started driving. I noticed a faint tin like jingling. I got to work and my locking hub(milemarkers) was loose. I took it apart and the spring tensioned ramp if you will was just floating around, jingling, so I washed it, soaked it in fuel, dried it out really good, and greased it up.

But I still have a dragging sound coming from that left front side, more so when you let off at highway speeds, you hear the droning. under load its quiter, but it seems to ony happen after I engage 4x4 on the dash

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lmao. Not again...

Everytime I hit a bump something in the left front engaged and it sounds like a bearing when you blow compressed air at it.... I swerve and hit another bump and it's gone. I engage 4x4, it's gone. Probably tore up the inner bearing again, HOPEFULLY the shaft is fine this time

Betarocker

Reaction score
Need to crawls underneath with a pry bar and check every link part. Ball joints should only rotate, there shouldn't be any vertical or lateral movement. Stub axle u-joints shouldn't have any play. Check the shock bushings, the lowers wear out sooner than the uppers and will result in clunking.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've got it nailed down to failed inner shaft bearing. There is so much play in the shaft even with locker installed, it's rediculous and I don't know why. That's all new

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Inner seal destroyed. My fault though, as I forgot to put that lube ring in and also was driving through water alot. I'm just glad the shaft is ok!

BabXL1H.jpg

5Wr1LWr.jpg

Forgot this last time
Us0xfMk.jpg