Oil in cylinder while waiting on new injectors

dadada

Reaction score
Pulled my injectors out to be rebuilt and oil got into the cylinders. Is it ok for the fluid to set in the cylinders for a week or so until I get my injectors back? I would assume so since it's just oil.

DieselDC

Reaction score
You’re fine! It will need to be evacuated once new injectors get Installed else locking up your motor.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if it’s not in there by the time you get to installing the injectors. It could leak down.

MossBack

Reaction score
So what should I do?

Install new injectors, remove glow plugs, re-install valve covers and a couple bolts. Crank engine over a handful of times. Remove valve covers, install Glow plugs, re-install valve covers. Fire up truck and beat the hell out of it with new injectors. I usually do 4 0-100 pulls on the freeway. should just about get all the air and oil out of the truck. It will also burn out all the oil in the exhaust. of course look everything over and top off oil. - Justin taught me this and works perfect every time. also torque on the injector is 120 In-Lb or 10 Ft-LB. Learned that lesson the hard way

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Evacuate the cylinders. I don't like to just to rely on removing glow plugs and bumping it over. I have a fluid sucker that goes into the bore, gets 70% of it out, then we can bump the starter with glow plugs out

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Bending a rod is still possible if the cylinders are still full, the oil/fuel can't evacuate faster than the pistons Coming up

dadada

Reaction score
As I said in the thread, I'm sending the injectors out to be rebuilt. I don't have new ones.

dadada

Reaction score
Rigged up a 1/4" hose to the shop vac and went through the glow plug holes and sucked out as much as I could. Hopefully I'm good to go.

superpsd

Reaction score
I dont bother vacuuming the oil out. I pull the plugs. Put covers on. And use starter. I just bump the starter several times very quickly. Then crank for a few seconds once the tone changes.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ this.. be sure to put a couple of bolts into the valve cover as the fluid will blow them off if not held down.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
we can do that, certainty, if were changing the oil as well.

some jobs customer just had oil done and their not doing it again so I choose to evac most fluid I can from the cylinders.

also if you have a high torque/denso type starter i would never recommend using the starter to evac if you didnt at least get some of the oil out.

dadada

Reaction score
I don't have the option right now of cranking the engine over. Injectors are going out for rebuild.

DieselDC

Reaction score
I don't have the option right now of cranking the engine over. Injectors are going out for rebuild.

I don’t know how all this is helping you as all I’ve been reading are the same things being repeated...

Keep it simple. Two options which have been tried and trued...

1. Turn the crank by hand to evacuate the oil
2. Bump the starter with the valve cover on

Seems to be cluttering up but hey... Just my 0.02

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

Latest posts

Members online