2012 Console Swap

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have searched and read that this has been done, but with very little information in regards to it. I am wanting to do a full 2012 console swap in my 2008 that currently has the console. I know most will say it is expensive to do, but fortunately I have a totaled out 2012 F350 missing the engine and a door, but the rest is here.

What I am wanting to do is make everything work on the 2012 console. All the electrical ports, including the 110 volt with the inverter and the rear AC vents. I know the wiring will not be plug and play, I have no problem splicing the wires together and using the newer 2012 ends so if in the future it can be removed easily. I will have to remove the additional duct work for the rear AC from the 2012 and carefully cut into the duct work in the 2008. Just a little time and patience to make everything work together.

I am just curious if anyone has done with and has any tips for it to go smoother. Open to any and all suggestions and pictures anyone has. Hoping to get this started soon, within the next 2 weeks or so depending on my work load. I want to also post pictures of the swap, process and any issues I run into.

Thanks in advance for any information!

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Well got the console, dash pieces, all the air ducts, wiring (truck side included), brackets and misc hardware from the donor truck out today. Looking at the brackets, they all look very similar to the smaller 2008-2010 floor console ones. I am hoping this weekend to pull my front seats and console out along with the lower part of the dash to make some room. Will get some pictures taken once I start to take everything apart.

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
I plan on taking a bunch of pictures of the entire process and than doing a decent write up to help others that want to do this type of swap as well. I know that there will be some wiring splicing that is going to take place because of the different plugs ends on the 12V outlets, and than running some wiring for the 110V outlet as well.

I will also take pictures of the console as well. It is charcoal and has a black leather top. It is in decent shape, no cracks, all the outlets work and has both cup holders. Honestly, would rather have a forum member get my 08 console, compared to having it sit in my garage and get trashed. Would just like to have the shipping covered, and than it is yours.

Give me like 2 weeks and I should have the write up with all the pictures done. I have a few parts on order from Ford, just want to make sure I have everything I need before I start. I have 2 days of traveling from CO to MA next week, after that I should be able to rip right into everything.

F250sd

Reaction score
Did you ever finish up the console swap id like to see pics if you did. Also since im not crazy with wiring and whatnot do you still have the old console?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.