body shop hurt my engine.....

Reaction score
Now that, makes sense.... let me hit them up on that one. Only thing, is that it ran fine, then the started blowing smoke, as the oil was being pushed out, and then stalled... But, that doesnt mean that it wasnt an issue, and just furthered... We shall see.

I would hope they are smart enough to throw a surge protector on the battery before welding.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I have had two cars, one F350, one Jeep, and a Harley totaled by USAA, and they were always very good. They gave me time to get my aftermarket parts off, and gave me first choice to purchase it back from them. I have to believe they will do the same to you Corb; especially since they just put all that body work into it. Either way, Good Luck!

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have had two cars, one F350, one Jeep, and a Harley totaled by USAA, and they were always very good. They gave me time to get my aftermarket parts off, and gave me first choice to purchase it back from them. I have to believe they will do the same to you Corb; especially since they just put all that body work into it. Either way, Good Luck!

Just another reason why I need to get my insurance switched to USAA.

Got to get on that.

Hope you get good news here soon Corb.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's disgusting how highly he thinks of his own "opinion".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CurtisF has "MarylinManson syndrome" he was self diagnosed.... feel sorry for him.

You guys need to understand it was painful when he had his 4 lower ribs removed....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
OK UPDATE....

USAA has claimed "authority" yet not "financial responsibility" for the damaged engine. So, they have had their upper management converse with the collision company's upper management, and directed them to contact me, come up with a plan, and execute...

Tom, is their "get chit done" guy, and we had an hour and a half long teleconference this afternoon, and we have a few directions that we can travel.

I am completely NOT demanding a new $13,500 long block, plus instal, seeing as how that motor had 278,xxx miles. Even though it has the same compression as a brand new 6.7, which attests to my religious manner of maintenance, I told them that I have no issue with a used short block, as long as I can have it checked out prior to instal. And, upon assembly, if the heads or fuel injectors are fvcked, I will need them replaced as well.

So..... Anyone have a line on a used 6.7 that is worth a fvck???

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Does anybody have a solid answer as to what is wrong with the engine that is in the truck?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
The really sucky part, out of all of the sucky parts about this whole deal, is that no one seems to give a **** about the $6,000 in payments that I made on this thing, nor the $530 of insurance that I've paid, nor the $2,500 that I spent on repairing the wrong thing (replacing the turbo when the turbo was not the problem, plus sensors, instal kit, etc) or the money that I didn't make on the hauling company (about $27,000) due to my rig being down... And everyone else involved, collision company, insurance company, Ford truck center, doesn't seem to give a fvck that I have a $70,000 yard ornament, and im stuck here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting on my truck, with no hope for a completion date.

I def understand that My emergency, does not mean Their emergency.... However, zero customer service, all around.

The collision company, took 68 days to give me back a non running truck, with half assed repairs... when they painted the duallie fenders, and slid them into place, I have 100 scratches all around each fender, on the bed side, about 1/2 inch long.... they gouged the tint on the rear passenger side, about 8 inches.... the bed is sitting crooked, by about 1 inch, causing the duallie fender to hit the N-Fab step bars on the drivers side... they left out 3 bolts that hold the fender skirt in place on the passenger front fender....

And it has been at Ford for 3 weeks, and last week, the only forward progress made, was a manual compression test.... 8 days to get that done... Thursday, they were going to test the injectors, Monday at noon, still haven't gotten that done, but "should to get to it this afternoon"....

I guess that due to their volume, as it is a military town, slam full of business, that they don't need to do anything expeditiously...

kinda pissy about that....

Hey Corbin I'm really sorry to hear that man. If in the future you're looking for a reliable diesel repair shop we use Strickland Repair just south of Lillington along highway 210. They're usually never cheap but they've always gotten it right on any of our powerstrokes (97,02, 05, 06, 08, 11, 15, 16 etc).

Do you mind me asking which body shop did this? We don't typically get body damage fixed on fleet trucks unless it's pretty severe but we do on our personal trucks. I'd prefer to know for future reference in case we have any of our truck beds repaired (usually the first thing to get dented/beat up/crushed in during grading/utility construction sadly lol). If you'd prefer not to mention it publicly I completely understand

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'm still at loss as to why they the engine is being torn down if it has perfect compression.

Unless they are using a crystal Guage to measure actual pressure I wouldn't "trust" a compression test in THIS CASE ONLY. A crystal gauge starts out at around $1000.... otherwise it's a generic cheap dial gauge. Close sure. But not enough to pick up a ever so slightly bent con rod... which truly only piston protrusion measurement gauged against the block will tell...

Reaction score
Unless they are using a crystal Guage to measure actual pressure I wouldn't "trust" a compression test in THIS CASE ONLY. A crystal gauge starts out at around $1000.... otherwise it's a generic cheap dial gauge. Close sure. But not enough to pick up a ever so slightly bent con rod... which truly only piston protrusion measurement gauged against the block will tell...

But a bent rod wouldn't cause a no start.

Reaction score
But a bent rod wouldn't cause a no start.

exactly this is just getting to be a joke. I mean for god sake guys you could have a engine with 170psi and still fire. is it going to be as strong as the other ones at 245 no but it will still run and start!

I mean jesus how many incompetent people that are in this industry working on this thing??? Dear god !

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
As a dealer tech 9 out of 10 times I get the chance to talk to "tech hotline" or an "engineer" it amazes me how little they really know. There have been times when I have run into strange circumstances and have gone above and beyond to diagnose an issue instead of throwing parts at a vehicle to prove the point that the part won't correct the issue. Whenever bean counters get involved it just makes it worse.

Now to your truck's issue, P0016 is a camshaft/ crankshaft correlation (timing) code. It could be caused by a wiring/ sensor issue/pcm issue, I wouldn't rule electrical out. I believe you said the truck has an rpm signal which is measured at the rear of the crankshaft. They did a compression test, proving that the crankshaft is not broken and all pistons and rods move. However since the cam drive and high pressure fuel pump drive gears are driven off the front of engine, something could be a mess there. It builds rail pressure, so you know that cam is turning along with the HPFP gear. I can't see excessive crankcase pressure causing anything but seals to fail but anything is possible. However I feel it could have been a coincidence when you heard the (pop) noise. You said that the engine would run on carb cleaner i believe, along with that and a good compression test, i see no reason to pull a head. If the actual cam timing was off that far, it wouldn't have good compression numbers. That leads me to believe its one of two things. Camshaft gear has moved on the camshaft or crankshaft gear has moved on the crankshaft.

pwrstrk01

Reaction score
Why could you not use a scope to verify cam timing? Ford should be able to do it with the IDS and the VMM hooked to it.

Latest posts

Members online