Best LED headlight bulbs

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm also running the stark h13 LED's right now. They're definitely very bright haha.

I love mine, in the fogs and headlights on my truck and also the headlights on my jk. The truck and jk are parked inside every day and I keep them clean, so I don't really have a snow/ice issue in the winter. The jk might get icy out in the trails this winter though but I'll just get out and scrape it off when needed.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I called Putco and they claim their made in the USA LED bulbs will be released in October. Crossing my fingers.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Is there a noticeable difference between low and high beams? I have been finding out a lot of the LED's have no/little difference. Also are you able to rotate them to clock them?

i couldn't figure out how to clock them (think the rings with the 3 alignment tabs are glued). that being said somebody on here said they had these and claimed they had before but i can't remember who. if i could figure out how to clock them the low beams would have just as much output as stock in my opinion if not more. like i said i usually take back roads so my high beams are on (which really light up the road). when in town, even with poor street lighting they still shine bright enough to see everything just fine. i'm not looking to blind anybody just see better. and for the price and 30 minute install i couldn't beat it.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Retro Solutions "SuperBright LEDs" in headlights and fogs. Low beams are like a spot pattern that seems to be to the right and up. Highs are more of a flood pattern that seem to leave a dark spot right in the road. I think lows combined with highs (Brite Box) would greatly improve the highs. Driving on the highway with lows on, I see a lot of hand covering mirror as I pass people. Driving two lane roads, I only get flashed by oncoming traffic when fogs are on also.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Never thought about the snow build up on led lights. Thanks for the heads up Crowz. I don't usually drive my Ex in the snow as I am out plowing, but might be worth it to swap to stock style lights for the winter months and back to led come spring. Doesn't take long to swap the headlight bulbs out.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Retro Solutions "SuperBright LEDs" in headlights and fogs. Low beams are like a spot pattern that seems to be to the right and up. Highs are more of a flood pattern that seem to leave a dark spot right in the road. I think lows combined with highs (Brite Box) would greatly improve the highs. Driving on the highway with lows on, I see a lot of hand covering mirror as I pass people. Driving two lane roads, I only get flashed by oncoming traffic when fogs are on also.

It sounds like you have them in upside down. They should be flood on low and spot on high.

PDT1081

Reaction score
It sounds like you have them in upside down. They should be flood on low and spot on high.

Actually, no. A flood light will throw light everywhere, including into oncoming traffic. A "spot" light can focus the majority of the light on the road, and away from oncoming traffic.

I also don't think the lights can be installed upside down. The mounting tabs will only go in the housing one way. The low beam LED is upwards like it's supposed to be. And the wire from light to plug is straight down. I honestly think it's just a poor combination of bulb and reflector housing. LEDs don't cast light the same as a filament. A smaller reflector (like a car) is probably less noticeable than the large reflectors on our trucks. I think the real answer to a universal LED headlight retrofit is going to be some sort of focusing lense on the bulb itself to mimic s regular incandescent.

Amicus

Reaction score
Does anyone have a contact for stark. Can't seem to find a web site for them. I have an 06 f250 would I use the h13 bulbs? The

Kenz

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Putco Silver Lux? They look pretty nice, but expensive. They have aluminum body and no cooling fan. Emailed them today and the guy said they are 4000 lumens on high and low beams. He said the light pattern will change between high and low. They are assembled in the US and are able to be clocked. I asked about the Nitros and he said there is no release date yet and no specs were available.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Diode dynamics I know will
Have a new one out supposed to be some time this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenz

Reaction score
Install Putco Silver Lux lights about 2 weeks ago. They are working very nice. They have the high and low beam LED on both sides so they work real good in the OEM housing. Beam pattern is real close to the halogens. They have an aluminum body and copper weave for a heat sink and they are able to be adjusted. Real happy so far.

silatj

Reaction score
Hey guys I know this thread is kinda old but I'm just now getting around to putting some led's in. My question is do we need to use a canbus adapter obviously I'm new to the aftermarket lighting and I've been surfing for hours trying to find out. Thanx in advance

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Just picked up a set of Lifetime LED bulbs . Can anybody tell me what position the LEDs are supposed to be facing? I've tried up, side to side, down, nothing seems to work. There's always a dark spot in the middle and seems like the lights are shining towards the ditches. Is the stock housing the problem? Or would different bulbs work better?

Powerstroke606

Reaction score
New to forum, hoping for some good advice! I've got a 12, retro solutions LEDs for heads and fogs. The fogs work fine, nothing from the heads. Worked with the company a lot, no solutions. Great guys, and the lights get power, but to plug them in, nothing. Tested by the company and they say they work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

O&G

Reaction score
Just picked up a set of Lifetime LED bulbs . Can anybody tell me what position the LEDs are supposed to be facing? I've tried up, side to side, down, nothing seems to work. There's always a dark spot in the middle and seems like the lights are shining towards the ditches. Is the stock housing the problem? Or would different bulbs work better?

I noticed the same issues with mine.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I noticed the same issues with mine.

Stock housing is the problem. Mine are the original Retro Solutions bulbs (they have a new design now), and the best compromise for me has been pointing them down and out. It puts both beams directly in front of the truck. Unfortunately, this puts the light directly into vehicles in front of you, but isn't terrible to oncoming traffic (rarely get flashed). Fogs fill in the roadsides, but get flashed every time with heads and fogs.