The Baddest Bypass Filtration You Can Imagine

psduser1

Reaction score
After testing on my truck is finished ill need a stock truck to test fit. My truck is far from stock when it comes to the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are stock:lookaround:
Oh yeah, they never get abused, either. Promise.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I am building the kit right now for testing. Id love to test against the fs2500. That's probably the most popular kit on the market right now. Let me finish the tests on my truck first though. Also, anyone have an idea about a return that doesn't go into the cap for a cleaner install?

campbellflage

Reaction score
Still clean this way in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20151010_183504.jpg
    20151010_183504.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I am building the kit right now for testing. Id love to test against the fs2500. That's probably the most popular kit on the market right now. Let me finish the tests on my truck first though. Also, anyone have an idea about a return that doesn't go into the cap for a cleaner install?

Honestly that's going to be your easiest universal way of doing it, may not be the most cosmetically clean way. But beyond that will require modifications that may be beyond your average consumer or beyond what they are willing to do to run the kit.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I was thinking about having both options available. I really don't like all the hoses on top of the engine like that, but im a perfectionist.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was thinking about having both options available. I really don't like all the hoses on top of the engine like that, but im a perfectionist.

I don't either personally, but you have to look at it from a consumer point of view. And figure in whats least intimidating for them to take skill level wise and permanent modification wise. Short of having a machined fitting for each motor that you plan on marketing a kit for, or supplying the necessary fittings to have the end user make a modification that is. Both of which I think would limit your sales.

79jasper

Reaction score
A option for 7.3's would be like the amsoil kit where you punch a hole in the oil pan and screw in a fitting.
The fitting itself is BP40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
A option for 7.3's would be like the amsoil kit where you punch a hole in the oil pan and screw in a fitting.
The fitting itself is BP40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Something like this.
What size is your return line? Text if you prefer, jim.

rusty1161

Reaction score

What about the 3/8" plug just above the oil cooler/filter mount?

Rusty

Reaction score
I'm with you Jim. Need something better than hoses everywhere. Could a fitting or plate be added to the base of the oil-fill canister?

I tried adding some pictures of the elite CCV ******. Looks like there might be some options there.

Last edited:

jimdawg185

Reaction score
The 3/8 plug is an option for pressure, but ive heard that sone replacement covers don't have it. So thats why I was thinking of getting a tee for the pressure sensor. The return is a little trickier, there really isn't an easy place to do it on a 6.4. The 6.0 might have a place on one of the valve covers.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
It might be a little late to change anything but could you ad a heater to the system somehow. Just thinking for guys in the cold areas with 5 gallons of cold oil to warm up.... Might be pointless Idk just a suggestion.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

rusty1161

Reaction score
The 3/8 plug is an option for pressure, but ive heard that sone replacement covers don't have it. So thats why I was thinking of getting a tee for the pressure sensor. The return is a little trickier, there really isn't an easy place to do it on a 6.4. The 6.0 might have a place on one of the valve covers.

It's not on the oil cooler, it's above it on the block itself. I believe Oilguard uses that spot for a return.

Rusty

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Oops, I was thinking 6.0/6.4. The 7.3 is pretty easy. I apologize

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It might be a little late to change anything but could you ad a heater to the system somehow. Just thinking for guys in the cold areas with 5 gallons of cold oil to warm up.... Might be pointless Idk just a suggestion.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

With my front mount oil cooler, I need all the oil heater I can get. But that's just me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.