6.0 injector stiction discussion

Snake

Reaction score
Interesting. My rough running issues became less and less frequent over the past 500-1000 miles and seem to have disappeared completely. I'm right at the 2,000 mile mark on this oil and the Archoil 2300. Time to send in another sample for analysis. I'll keep everyone posted.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine really hasn't gotten any worse. Just a slight drop in effectiveness from when it was new, but it's stayed the same since, so I may even just have an injector getting worse, hard to say. With the rev-x, it would lose effectiveness and continue getting worse and worse until it was right back to where I had started. At least with the Archoil it's still doing something...

DHFF

Reaction score
I still have the 2300 in my truck door I guess I will pour it in with the next oil change, although I don't really have any injector issues that I can speak of. Does that mean I shouldnt use it yet? What do you think Mike?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Don't see how it would hurt anything man... how many miles are you at on the oil change now? Is the AR2300 even supposed to be run for a full oil change?

DHFF

Reaction score
I am at about 1500 since rebuild Im thinking about changing it this weekend.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I did almost the exact same Jerid, went 1000-1500 miles or so on rebuild, added AR2300, went another 1500, drained and went with T6 and 9100.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ok, kind of an interesting update here. As some of you know, I repair FICM's on the side and more of a hobby than anything. My truck sees a ton of different FICM's, as I test each one on my own truck. Cold starts, voltage readings, the whole 9 yards. It's cool because I get to see what all the different FICM strategies do and how it makes the truck react. I also play around with my FICM tunes on my gryphon a bit as well. Well, the last FICM we repaired, got put on my truck Sunday of this week. I turn the key, voltage comes right up to 48V as it should and the injectors buzz really strongly. I fire the truck up and take off... NO MORE STICTION. It's completely vanished. Just from a FICM swap. I have had probably 5 different FICM's on this truck since I started this thread. All of them had stiction issues to some degree, but with this last one, it's like someone hit a switch and it's all gone now. I can pull the strategy code off of the FICM with my gryphon, so I'll do that and see what it says. I will also load a FICM tune on to it and see if it changes at all. I know from the past one's I've used when I load the FICM tunes on, the injector buzz noises change quite a bit.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Started truck in 19* weather this morning. I let the injectors buzz twice completely and let it sit for another 15 seconds or so to warm up the glow plugs... fired right up and idled fine. Let it run for 5 minutes or so, took right off and NO stiction issues still. I think I'm going to hold on to this FICM for my own selfish reasons!

Mdub707

Reaction score
The biggest difference I notice is the actual programming on them. Ford did experiment around with different strategies as far as the inductive heating went with the spool valves. It's possible I have one with the "moderate" inductive heating and I could actually be doing damage, who knows. I know all of my FICM tunes (from PHP) have the mild inductive heating, it was supposed to help with stiction issues, while not really putting a huge load on the FICM and spool valves. I will know when I load a FICM tune in, because if it's harder to start after that, then this one likely has the heavier hitting inductive heating.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Usually the earlier 7 pin units had, IMO, better strategies. Some of the early 7 pins made my truck run silly quiet. To the point, it didn't even sound like the same truck. Injector noise was very low, injectors buzzed really quickly when you first turn the key, and it was similar to driving with a small FICM tune now. I wish I had the capability to record a few of those strategies, but it seems like the FICM tuners know which one's work well and incorporate a lot of that into their FICM tunes. 7 pins are also easier to repair on my end too. I'm unsure if there were hardware issues which necessitated the switch to the 4 pins or what.

Latest posts

Members online