Gauges

Phaney

Reaction score
Ok here is a question. I'm going to install gauges in my truck. I know I'm going with trans temp, exhaust temp, and I already have boost gauge. The question is should I get a hpop gauge or fuel pressure gauge to finish out my set. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Fuel PSI hands down.

Saved my ass several times.

I would never run a gauge for hpo.. it can be read from data so I use that.

Phaney

Reaction score
Thanks fellows. That's the info I was looking for. Also what should fuel pressure always be reading and what kind of drop will indicate a problem.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
depends.. stock fuel? stock regulator? stock truck should see 50+ and never below 45 wot full load.

I have fuel rail crossover/regulator and i use the middle spring so I have about 65 psi constantly and it never drops more than 5 psi

Phaney

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm in the process of doing the hutch mod, and gauges and blue spring kit on fuel bowl. Hoping later to do fuel bowl ******.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Factory fuel and filtration is best. Pre fiilter is an amazIng add on.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Unless you have other plans that require big fuel or oil.. I wouldn't.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
I am running 8 ISSPRO gauges. 4 on the post and 4 where my rear view mirror was. I am running 1. Boost 2. EGT 3. HPOP 4. Fuel 5. Water temp 6. Oil temp 7. Oil pressure 8 Trans temp I like actual gauges.

Phaney

Reaction score
I am running 8 ISSPRO gauges. 4 on the post and 4 where my rear view mirror was. I am running 1. Boost 2. EGT 3. HPOP 4. Fuel 5. Water temp 6. Oil temp 7. Oil pressure 8 Trans temp I like actual gauges.
Yep. That's what I'm going with is actual gauges. I want to see what's actually going on.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
I am 61 and I find it much easier at night to glance at gauges and read them than it is to try and read the constantly flashing numbers on these little screens.

Latest posts

Members online