Noise coming from truck after going over bumps in the road

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been noticing a thud or a noise ( similar to the suspension bottoming out) when hitting either a small bump or a sizeable bump in the road. I thought it may have been my shocks so I just replaced those with some 5100s and it's still doing it. Spare tire is not loose, the exhaust isn't hitting anyone that I can tell, I have loaded the bed full of mulch a few times and bank sand to the bed rails before. Leaf springs seem to be fine but just trying to give any information possible because it's annoying and makes my truck sound like junk. It's a 2013 with about 51,XXX miles.

StrokedKR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been noticing a thud or a noise ( similar to the suspension bottoming out) when hitting either a small bump or a sizeable bump in the road. I thought it may have been my shocks so I just replaced those with some 5100s and it's still doing it. Spare tire is not loose, the exhaust isn't hitting anyone that I can tell, I have loaded the bed full of mulch a few times and bank sand to the bed rails before. Leaf springs seem to be fine but just trying to give any information possible because it's annoying and makes my truck sound like junk. It's a 2013 with about 51,XXX miles.
Possible cab bushings, they are known to rot out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Based on what I saw, end links and bushings all look new with no signs of wear and tear unless I'm missing something.

Seems a bit premature for the cab bushings to rot out? But I will look at those as this is driving me crazy :swordfight:

StrokedKR

Reaction score
Based on what I saw, end links and bushings all look new with no signs of wear and tear unless I'm missing something.

Seems a bit premature for the cab bushings to rot out? But I will look at those as this is driving me crazy :swordfight:
On my 2012 6 of the 8 were rotted after 6 years, every time I went up a drive diagonally the bottom washer would hit the frame mount. The 2 center are make of good rubber, the rest (4 corners & 2 radiator area) are made of a dense foam rubber material.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Possible cab bushings, they are known to rot out.

I second this. Check the rears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrokedKR- you were right, the drivers side is almost nonexistent and the passenger side isn't far behind.

Thanks for the help on this. :bowfast: Which ones did you go with? It seems the S&B are pricey but the lifetime warranty is nice.

StrokedKR

Reaction score
StrokedKR- you were right, the drivers side is almost nonexistent and the passenger side isn't far behind.

Thanks for the help on this. :bowfast: Which ones did you go with? It seems the S&B are pricey but the lifetime warranty is nice.
These are the hard rubber replacement I used to keep the factory ride, but a 10x better upgrade from stock. Dorman (924-065) Radiator Support... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HED84IQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The others are also Doorman 924-066 & 924-320, I found them on eBay.

Just do a search on Amazon and ebay using the Doorman part numbers. The link info has the other part # high lighted. There are a total of 8 bushings. The one on the Amazon link is for the radiator section of the cab you will need 2. The other 2 part numbers are for the rest of the cab. From firewall to back of cab it takes 6 bushings. One of those numbers you will purchase 4 the other will be 2. I do not remember which one is which. You will need to Google it. The one that takes 2 are directly below the back of the front seats.

Latest posts

Members online