Ez Lynk DIY Tuning

6.7Bison

Reaction score
I saw HP Tuners has come out with a diesel tuning class with Nick from Calibrated Power/Duramax Tuner. I'm kicking around the idea of tuning my own truck as this sort of thing interests me and I can make changes that suit me and my truck specifically. I've started to try to compare the HP Tuners platform to Ez Lynk and prefer the Ez Lynk on the "customer" side. Plus should I get way over my head there are many more tunes available for it than the HP Tuner. I don't know much about the "technician" side for Ez Lynk other than it is browser based. HP Tuners has some information and screenshots available but I would need to buy a newer laptop. Has anybody signed up as a technician on Ez Lynk (DIY or commercial)? Is it fairly intuitive to find where you want to make changes? Are the tuning credits expensive?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I saw HP Tuners has come out with a diesel tuning class with Nick from Calibrated Power/Duramax Tuner. I'm kicking around the idea of tuning my own truck as this sort of thing interests me and I can make changes that suit me and my truck specifically. I've started to try to compare the HP Tuners platform to Ez Lynk and prefer the Ez Lynk on the "customer" side. Plus should I get way over my head there are many more tunes available for it than the HP Tuner. I don't know much about the "technician" side for Ez Lynk other than it is browser based. HP Tuners has some information and screenshots available but I would need to buy a newer laptop. Has anybody signed up as a technician on Ez Lynk (DIY or commercial)? Is it fairly intuitive to find where you want to make changes? Are the tuning credits expensive?

I have gone over the maps etc on both platforms. I went with HP due to only needing a flashing device, and at the time ez lynk had just came out. In my opinion HP has many more useful maps defined however there is a couple that ez lynk has that I wish were in HP tuners. HP tuners also has great support, any time I ask for a map to be defined and added in they always are willing to do so. Another positive is the many vehicles supported by their editor. You can tune most vehicles out there, although it looks like ez lynk has added many vehicles recently. I haven't looked into whether that is flash only or if they have the tunes mapped out. I will say if you are looking to jump into diesel tuning for fun be ready to have some "bad" tunes for a while. It takes a lot of time to learn, you probably won't be making awesome race tunes right off the bat. I've been diy tuning my 6.7 over a year and still make small revisions here and there.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online