No Crank/Start in Park

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Forgot about this common issue with the Superduty and Excursion vehicle that while it won't leave you stranded, it is a pain to live with. It has to do with the shift linkage bracket bolts coming loose and losing the shift cable adjustment as a result. Check out the video, as you will likely run across this at some point in your ownership of the Superduty. I hope my video helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD9AhzZOCcY

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had one screw fall out, so I put it back in and tightened both of them, and about a week later, the whole piece broke off. I then had to buy the whole new cylinder

makuloco2000

Reaction score
I put a dab of blue Loctite on mine when they came loose. End of problem.
Yep that's what is recommended in video upon repair.

I had one screw fall out, so I put it back in and tightened both of them, and about a week later, the whole piece broke off. I then had to buy the whole new cylinder
Holy cow did you over tighten something? Never seen one of those break in even the roughest high mileage work trucks that come in the shop.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep that's what is recommended in video upon repair.

Sorry, just watched the video, no sound at the moment. Good video, Think I am going to throw it in the Library after a few more people see the thread.

It is really hard explaining to someone how to do it, great to be able to point them to a video.

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Sorry, just watched the video, no sound at the moment. Good video, Think I am going to throw it in the Library after a few more people see the thread.

It is really hard explaining to someone how to do it, great to be able to point them to a video.

Sounds good to me!