Replacing Standard Radio With Nav

chris1978

Reaction score
Any special parts I need to make this happen? I have a sync equipped 2012 F350 but no factory navigation. Is the factory nav unit plug and play with some minor dealer programming?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I've looked into this.

You can add the brain behind the screen, then just buy the SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
**** so I need the brain too? Any idea what the part number would be?

I honestly don't. If you find the part for the same year on a ford website it should work.

While I was looking a while back. I found out that if you use the same year. Even a brain from a focus would work. ONLY if that car had Nav. I was looking at used brains on eBay.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've looked into this.

You can add the brain behind the screen, then just buy the SD card.

I think you're assuming he's got a touch screen but not one with nav. The 2011-12s have the older, non touch screen radio with just buttons and a black and green small display..

OP, I'm pretty sure you need more than just the nav radio unit but I couldnt tell you what it is. At some point there was someone selling kits, but I can't remember who that was either. LOL

chris1978

Reaction score
Guess I should have researched this a little more before I bought the 2012 nav unit........

Oh well I'll pull it apart and go from there.

Jomax

Reaction score
I think you're assuming he's got a touch screen but not one with nav. The 2011-12s have the older, non touch screen radio with just buttons and a black and green small display..

OP, I'm pretty sure you need more than just the nav radio unit but I couldnt tell you what it is. At some point there was someone selling kits, but I can't remember who that was either. LOL

Ah, I misunderstood. Never mind OP I thought you had touch screen and wanted to add Nav.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Guess I should have researched this a little more before I bought the 2012 nav unit........

Oh well I'll pull it apart and go from there.

I think Mike from no limit either was the source, or had a source for a whole package. I could be wrong but it's probably worth a PM

chris1978

Reaction score
Bringing this one back up.

Does anyone know the part numbers that are needed to convert a non navigation equipped sync 2012 to navigation?

I've got the head unit but 4d tech will no longer sell the kit without the head unit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chris1978

Reaction score
Never ended up doing it. Head unit is still sitting on the shelf in my garage.

Probably end up just putting a Kenwood Nav unit in with Maestro controls at some point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online