6.7 in 08-10

Dzchey21

Reaction score
much cheaper, and you dont really have to do it. I feel that the 6.7s look better than 6.4s but thats just me.

michaelite

Reaction score
The reason I asked was that I seen some 6.7 motors from wrecked trucks that cost the same as 6.4. And thought I read and heard that the 6.7 is a stronger motor. But looking at it in the engine bay looks super crowded and packed.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I feel like if there's a bunch of variables that come into play on this where it would be worth it in a daily driver, but only if all of the variables were there. Finding a wrecked 6.7 truck with the drivetrain still intact for less that the cost of a 6.4 and 5r. Only really seems like it would really be worth it though if you blew up your 6.4 and knew the trans was on its last leg. Which would mean new motor and a trans rebuild at the very least. Then just swap in the wiring and make new for what would be needed for options. Other than that it doesn't seem worth it for a DD.

michaelite

Reaction score
I feel like if there's a bunch of variables that come into play on this where it would be worth it in a daily driver, but only if all of the variables were there. Finding a wrecked 6.7 truck with the drivetrain still intact for less that the cost of a 6.4 and 5r. Only really seems like it would really be worth it though if you blew up your 6.4 and knew the trans was on its last leg. Which would mean new motor and a trans rebuild at the very least. Then just swap in the wiring and make new for what would be needed for options. Other than that it doesn't seem worth it for a DD.

This is kinda where I was going. I have just over 200K miles on the drivetrain and the motors been "ticking" for idk 15-20K. My plan is to rebuild in a year or so. I happened to see a complete 6.7 motor and tranny with supposedly 2 miles for 14K.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
One of the other guys could definitely confirm, but I think you'd need almost all of the wiring plus the computer for the swap to work, hence finding the totaled truck and buying it for everything. Make some money back on the interior if it's leather and still decently nice.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Actually the harnesses from ford are not that expensive and like we did we just got any donor truck we could and than ordered the right harness for cab and bed configuration

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Interesting. I remember seeing that truck at Marty's shop a few years ago Craig.

Believe it is owned by someone from New Jersey. Would love to see how it looks now after the swap.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Interesting. I remember seeing that truck at Marty's shop a few years ago Craig.

Believe it is owned by someone from New Jersey. Would love to see how it looks now after the swap.
Yea he got tired of the oil leaks and breakdowns with the 7.3 and wanted out but loved the truck and wanted to swap it I would never do another one I know that

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Was it really that complicated and hard? Or just not worth the time from a shop owner perspective?
Just not worth our time I would have to charge 15k or so just in labor and the fire wall has to be completely reconstructed on older trucks

Fordorbust

Reaction score
Did anyone ever complete a project like this? I'm working on doing this and was hoping for a blueprint. Either way I'm going to do it. I have a 2009 F350 SRW with a blown 6.4 and a 2017 f250 that's salvage with a good engine and tranny.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Did anyone ever complete a project like this? I'm working on doing this and was hoping for a blueprint. Either way I'm going to do it. I have a 2009 F350 SRW with a blown 6.4 and a 2017 f250 that's salvage with a good engine and tranny.

Document it and start a thread on here if you would. I would be interested in doing this in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online