6.4 high idle help

krugmk61

Reaction score
My truck will start idling below 1000rpm then if I leave it sit for a few minutes it will slowly go up to over 1000 rpm around 1100. If I touch the brake or gas pedal it will go back down to below 1000 but will eventually go back up if I let it sit. Im wondering if there is a way to turn this off or stop it from happening so that it stays at a constant idle uder 1000rpm.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
Why do you want it to stop. The purpose is to keep it up at operating temps when it’s cold. If you have a custom tunes I’m sure you could get it changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

morefuel

Reaction score
I'm gonna make a guess that it was to prevent washing down the cylinder walls, which can tend to happen even when it's warm from too much idling. Also keeps the smoke down and the heat up to keep from plugging the d.p.f. I wouldn't say its a must have if dieting but too me it has more benefits than downsides.

krugmk61

Reaction score
Mind if ask why you Don’t want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well for one I just don't like it idling that high it gets annoying. Also I have my vgt to be open at idle with an MCC tune but when it goes into high idle vgt closes.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk