6.7L v3 Update Review Thread

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We would like to hear from the guys who have updated to the new v3 update for the 2011-12 6.7L. It was released last week and several of you have updated, and we would like to know your thoughts. We will likely release a v3.1 update in a couple of weeks to knock out any bugs that might have shown up after our initial testing as well as further improvements to the transmission strategy.

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Jeff

Fatbottom350

Reaction score
So far I've tried the 165 standard & the 120 ET, I posted my thoughts on one of the other threads but I'll give another brief one.

The 165- Similar to the v2 power wise, the shifting is noticeably delayed but smooth, which Matt responded that it is by design in the standard tune for the guys running larger tires. Maybe I notice it more because I have 3.73's.

120 ET-Shifting is really smooth and on time, or just perhaps where i like it to be. Great Job!

Hoping to try the 165ET file soon.

Klarence Karter

Reaction score
I've tried the 120 standard and 120 ET tunes so far. Trying to get a week of driving time on each tune. The standard tune shifted very smooth. Once the trans learned could barley feel when it was shifting under lite to normal throttle. The ET is def more aggressive, can really feel the added performance with the early TC lock up. Shifting was firmer but still smooth. Really did well in any driving condition (performed awesome under heavy throttle!)
Very impressed with ET tune!!
Very happy with V3 so far!

Eric_rock

Reaction score
I've had the 200 enhanced trans tune in for about 500+ miles /week. I'm not a big fan of it to be honest. I guess the only reason is I feel more turbo lag initially and it shifts so slow and at a higher rpm. So from a 0-90 aspect it feels substantially slower through the power band getting you there. On the positive note the shifts are more firmer and you can feel the added pressure. Not sure if that's good in the long run or not?

I do miss my old Warhammer tune in the fact I can hit the throttle and GO quickly. I'm hesitant to pass people or merge onto on Ramps like I used too because of the slowness in every thing. I did load the war hammer level 1 as of yesterday and have put about 200+ miles on that tune. Not sure I feel the extra hp as claimed. And 70-100 seems to take forever. They did get the trouble codes turned off and the trans to shift firmer and what not. But as far as power, turbo spool /lag and being able to fly through the power band it seems to have suffered. Honestly I'm disappointed in that aspect. I guess and wait and see what they had to say or offer in revisions before I make my switch to H&S.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I've had the 200 enhanced trans tune in for about 500+ miles /week. I'm not a big fan of it to be honest. I guess the only reason is I feel more turbo lag initially and it shifts so slow and at a higher rpm. So from a 0-90 aspect it feels substantially slower through the power band getting you there. On the positive note the shifts are more firmer and you can feel the added pressure. Not sure if that's good in the long run or not?

I do miss my old Warhammer tune in the fact I can hit the throttle and GO quickly. I'm hesitant to pass people or merge onto on Ramps like I used too because of the slowness in every thing. I did load the war hammer level 1 as of yesterday and have put about 200+ miles on that tune. Not sure I feel the extra hp as claimed. And 70-100 seems to take forever. They did get the trouble codes turned off and the trans to shift firmer and what not. But as far as power, turbo spool /lag and being able to fly through the power band it seems to have suffered. Honestly I'm disappointed in that aspect. I guess and wait and see what they had to say or offer in revisions before I make my switch to H&S.

I believe most people are mistaking the pedal mapping change as a loss in power. Yes, the pedal has to be used more than before for the truck to get going, but there is no loss in power. There is also less peak boost, which some might think kills the power. That's not the case either. We gained power with the latest files while also increasing turbo longevity. That's a win-win in my opinion.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I will add that anyone who prefers the old WarHammer engine file is welcome to send in a tune request for it.

Eric_rock

Reaction score
I understand what your saying, but either I got some really weird coincidental miss labeled tunes or something isn't right. Not trying to bash ******* by any means. But I have timed it in several scenarios and the updated files on MY truck produced significantly slower times with the new update. This is in many pedal positions. However even with the pedal dumped to the floor my 0-100mph was significantly slower in MY truck. My boost will not build last 30 psi and the transmission holds roughly to 3000-3500rpm on full throttle. Which is beyond boost building phase on the stock ford turbo. Thus the truck feels lethargic and slow... The 200 tune felt as if it was a 65hp tune in MY truck. Even my buddy said something isn't right. Somethings way off... Needless to say I went back to a revised Warhammer and it was a NIGHT & DAY difference shifts were quick and in boost range, not to mention I was back up to 40+psi boost... "It's bad when my wife says what happened to your truck it's so much slower than before.... And that's without me mentioned to her I updated anything..." she doesn't notice anything ever on vehicles.
Let's just say this. On MY truck on v3 updated Warhammer "both updated v3 Warhammer tunes" I could go 100 full throttle and it was as fast as say 50% throttle of old Warhammer.
But this was on MY truck with MY experience... I would assume your tester truck has the same parameters i.e. Stock turbo, down pipe. Injectors, etc.?? That's assuming you used a tester truck? So my bottom line experience on MY truck
Is MY truck didn't like the updated tunes. And I couldn't hardly wait to get the updated tunes off MY truck due to the lack of everything I had before. Also a side note that doesn't matter to me but maybe something to do with the tune it's self,,,, the truck on the updated tunes blew out hardly if ANY Black smoke... I have banks duel exhaust so believe me when i say I had hardly any... Old Warhammer that I'm running is an endless supply of black smoke on command and full throttle.i could and would always see it out both mirrors....Not sure if it's My truck or what. But it didn't fly well... I'm a brutally honest no bs , Un biased critic. I appreciate the help I've received from ******* in the past. However not sure what the deal is.
I guess it is what it is.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We have two test trucks. Both are 2012 MY trucks with aftermarket intakes, 4" exhaust, and the tuning. The only differences between the test trucks are the intakes used and tire size (which is minimal). My truck, which showed the 19 RWHP increase with the new WarHammer vs. the old had No Limit's 4" intake during the dyno testing. The other truck has an S&B or AFE.

I will see what Matt thinks about the issue you're experiencing and one of us will post back here.

Eric_rock

Reaction score
Thanks, I do appreciate it. I really do like ******* and don't want to switch to anyone else obviously. That's why I commented on your post about the update, hoping something could just be a fluke or something idk.. I do know I have a Banks Intake, Flo Pro Race Pipe, Banks Dual Exhuast. Running 37x20s .. Also don't know if it matters or is accurate readings at all but with the original warhammer and revised Warhammer mick sent men as well my fuel Rail Pressure at wot was 30k-31k. The new v3 war hammers never get close to 29k I only notice this bc It alerts me. Food for thought I guess.
Thanks for looking into it.

g_spinney

Reaction score
I've tried both v3 warhammer tunes and find my truck feels slower than the old version. My buddy has a stock 6.7 and his truck seems just as fast as mine. I run stock tires so i don't care for the higher shift points but I am getting used to them. I would probably go back to the old warhammer tune except i was getting the P2073 code.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Until the v3.1 update is released, here is the solution we will offer you guys:

1.) Send in a 6.7L tune request to sales@*******dieseltech.com for the original WarHammer engine file with the codes shut off.

2.) We will pair the old engine file with the new transmission file.

3.) This will be free of charge.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

g_spinney

Reaction score
I emailed sales and they said to email tech so I did that but haven't had a reply back.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

What intake are you running?

skinnysfd

Reaction score
I am running the new updates as well and run the 165 tune and my truck feels really sluggish as well. Only thing I like is the p026a code hasn't showed up anymore. Mine seems to hang at 2500-2800 rpms and feels like it slips into gear. Is there a fix for that. I feel like the power isn't there anymore and it just doesn't feel right. Is there a way to go back to the old files

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I am running the new updates as well and run the 165 tune and my truck feels really sluggish as well. Only thing I like is the p026a code hasn't showed up anymore. Mine seems to hang at 2500-2800 rpms and feels like it slips into gear. Is there a fix for that. I feel like the power isn't there anymore and it just doesn't feel right. Is there a way to go back to the old files

We can always pair the old engine file with the new transmission file.

Latest posts

Members online