Video heavy: 6.0 Non VGT spool thread

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mine does. When tuned and checking ICP voltage with the edge insight CS...my ICP voltage wont go any higher than 2.3v.

It shouldnt, sounds like your sensor is bad or your pump is weak. What does it read voltage wise on the stock tune?

strokin6L

Reaction score
According to eric....readings from the OBDII port wont be correct when tuned. Readings are higher when stock. My sensor is new.

strokin6L

Reaction score
well IDK, i was told the ICP volt reading wont be correct through the OBD II port along with the PSI when tuned. Like i said...when stock, the voltage will be much higher.

strokin6L

Reaction score
IDK how else to explain why it does what it does then. Why would it read low volts when tuned....then read normal volts when stock? If i had an issue with my high pressure oil pump, will volts still act like that?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure i was right with what i said...i emailed eric and this is what he had to say about it...

That seems about right. Tuned, the ICP function is rescaled and the PCM doesn't read it correctly. You troubleshoot injection pressure issues on the stock tune. I use the Dipricol HPOP gauge and it reads correctly tapped in my pigtail. A few customers have installed the Autometer gauge and it still reads low, not sure which wire they use.

Thanks

Eric

So again, this is coming from Eric and he's saying the same thing i did...so IDK.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It still shouldnt skew Voltage readings, that is not at all effected in the tuning the calculations the PCM makes IS altered, which will explain why the pressure doesnt read properly. My SCT livelink and the gryphon both read ICP Voltage correctly, stock or tuned.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Idk greg....according to eric, it happens when tuned. but not all trucks will experience it. which explains why mine does what it does. and i know of some others that do the same thing.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Ran the truck stock tuned today to see what it does. volts went to 4.7v and PSI hit 3500+. So obviously tuning plays a big part on how the volts display with my truck.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Unless the extra ICP demand when your tuned is draining your HPOP and your not actually building 3500+ psi when your tuned.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I contacted eric again....this is what i asked him
Eric,

will voltage act the same as psi tho? When tuned i'm only getting 2.3v max. Today i turned truck back to stock and i can hit 4.7v easily. Just not sure if reading voltage through the OBDII port is suppose to read low like that when tuned. I've heard that voltage should never change when tuned and that only the PSI reading could read incorrectly.

This was eric's response...
Yeap, works the same way. Are you making power tuned or is it running bad?

Thanks

Eric
So sound like ICP voltage and ICP psi can act the same when tuned.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.