Video heavy: 6.0 Non VGT spool thread

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
How much different is the spool up compared to the 66?

Boost comes up a little bit slower but it feels like it's pulling harder at lower boost levels as the boost comes up if that makes sense LOL

I really need more time driving it though. We got the turbo on and the new piping done last friday morning and I only put maybe 100 miles on it and two track passes before I broke it. It's been sitting since then

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
sweet man! whose tuning are you using? I think its time to go bigger than the 66 on my end.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
mine shifts as such with matts tune

1-2 at 10mph
2-3 at 20mph
3-5 at 30mph
lockup at 45mph
locked in overdrive (6th) at 50mph BUT

I have overdrive locked out in tow/haul so I can basically make it shift into overdrive whenever I want or downshift to locked in direct whenever I want it to. Its amazing to drive on the street and makes the non vgt that much more drive-able.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
mine shifts as such with matts tune

1-2 at 10mph
2-3 at 20mph
3-5 at 30mph
lockup at 45mph
locked in overdrive (6th) at 50mph BUT

I have overdrive locked out in tow/haul so I can basically make it shift into overdrive whenever I want or downshift to locked in direct whenever I want it to. Its amazing to drive on the street and makes the non vgt that much more drive-able.

Mine is pretty similar. Shifts a little later if anything. My 3-5 shift is around 2000-2200 if I remember right and it's really nice like this. Keeps it on the turbo well. Overdrive just cruising goes in around 55ish I want to say. But honestly at 55 in overdrive with my setup you're never gonna spool it without downshifting. I also have my tow/haul button setup as an overdrive lockout. AMAZING for drivability, and you can't beat dropping it down a gear at 65-70 and instantly spooling and taking off if you're messing around with someone on the highway...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Erics tuning in my truck shifts according to throttle position it seems, it holds the shifts out longer if you give it more throttle. Im not the biggest fan of it, and I still to this day get a terrible 3-5 shift in my truck, and what annoys me if im give it heavier throttle the 3-5 shift holds out and shifts from 3rd into direct lock, versus direct then lock. I just stick with matts tunes, they run way better in my truck. I could swing up to have him tweak it, but I have other things to worry about lol

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Erics tuning in my truck shifts according to throttle position it seems, it holds the shifts out longer if you give it more throttle. Im not the biggest fan of it, and I still to this day get a terrible 3-5 shift in my truck, and what annoys me if im give it heavier throttle the 3-5 shift holds out and shifts from 3rd into direct lock, versus direct then lock. I just stick with matts tunes, they run way better in my truck. I could swing up to have him tweak it, but I have other things to worry about lol

I know what you mean with the more throttle it will hold the shifts out a little more. I like that. If I get in mine heavy from a stop it will shift 1-2-3-3rd locked-direct locked- overdrive. It's wicked. Stays on top of the turbo the whole time and pulls like a freight train

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That shifts just fine i wouldn't lower the shift point

Hellen Keller sent this?