Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Aftermarket Electronics

Old 11-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Help with Morimoto HIDs

I am installing some retrofitted head lights with morimoto d2s projectors and xb35 ballasts and relay.

When I plug everything up, the lights turn on and off perfectly for 3-5 min then both shut off and will not turn back on no matter how many times I cycle the switch. It doesnt matter if the truck is running or not. I can hear and feel the relay clicking on when I throw the switch but neither of them fire.

I have quadruple checked the grounds on both sides and all of the wiring leads for looseness. Nothing is hot or seems out of place. I am really at a loss here and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

H&S diet plan. Mini maxx w/ 4 inch pipe and block off plates. MPD intercooler pipe.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:35 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

morimoto ballasts are known to either last forever or they are bad within mins or days of install. I would have said that was it but since I read your post to be both at same time I would guess the wiring relay is bad.

Are you using that h13 relay thing from retrofitsource? I have a used one I thought was bad and swapped out, but think its actually the projector shroud not working. didn't bother to check before I finished headlight retrofit. I will mail it to you just pm your info
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit stage 2/pg 7 and prefilter intake, h&s intercooler pipe(throttlebody-gone) and half ccv reroute, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, amp steps, weathertechs, edge cts2, titan tank, dieselsite fuel filter, blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, linex plat, retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry,fox 2.0 res shocks, toyo rt 37", OUO ala & bars

Last edited by BIG JUICE; 11-24-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:11 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Figured it out late last night. The 12v power wire to the relay had worked its way out of the plug. It was giving me fits because it wasn't loose enough to duplicate until I found it. I am never in a good mood when the multimeter comes out... But all is well thanks for the response.

H&S diet plan. Mini maxx w/ 4 inch pipe and block off plates. MPD intercooler pipe.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynick1 View Post
Figured it out late last night. The 12v power wire to the relay had worked its way out of the plug. It was giving me fits because it wasn't loose enough to duplicate until I found it. I am never in a good mood when the multimeter comes out... But all is well thanks for the response.

I had an ebay set do the same thing, plug a little loose. I took apart recrimped and viola'. I've ordered from several different vendors and the only vendor I had issues on water intrusion on the ballasts or failing bulbs was the retro vendor here.

I just did the TRS camry swap using their kit. It took some modding but it uses the MM H1 projectors. Decent beam but was looking for something w/ a broader smoother beam w/ a bit more distant.

Are you pleased w/ the D2S pattern? Light werkz dot com is a TRS and acme vendor and they had the acme versions of the MM D2S so I grabbed those on sale this week for the F350.
05 original factory head gaskets and TTY bolts until 302k Did ARP 1 bolt at at time@ 250ftlbs, no egr Redhead steering gear KC 63.5mm... factory exhaust w/ no meow/factory intake all factory stuff, rancho 9K's adj, PM w/ questions