4r100 won't put power to the ground

Diversifiedtint

Reaction score
Like the title says, power just isn't getting down to the ground. New valve body and new triple disc convert. Trans rebuilt less than 10k. If I do a 3/4 throttle pull in a lower rpm she's fine and puts you back in the seat but if you give 100% throttle it feels as if the trans is slipping. It moves, just doesn't move as fast as half throttle. My TS screen shows my TC duty cycle to be 100 when locked, will go to about 30 or 60 when full throttle is appled. Solenoid, converter, trans? It's killing me. I have videos. If I could figure out how to upload I would and it would be very apparent

DieselDC

Reaction score
Hmmm can’t be solenoids unless you have multiple failures...

You don’t have wiring issues so can’t be that.

Sounds like pressure issues to me - either in higher rpm you’re not producing enough hydraulic pressure to sustain mechanical coupling? Vb springs, valves, pistons stuck or broken can do it too!

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Diversifiedtint

Reaction score
And that the part that baffles me. I have a new Diesel site valve body. I keep questioning my TC and my solenoids. By I am, by no means, a trans expert.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Either tc or trans. Can’t be solenoid pack. All it does is shift and tc lockup etc and won’t cause the problems listed above.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Diversifiedtint

Reaction score
I had the trans and torque done first, built for high hp "full drag rebuild" then did 3/2s and 472. Tuned accordingly. It's done this since the bigger mods. Had an issue with one injector and then some pushrods from the get go. Got everything back running correctly but now the trans issue is VERY apparent.

Latest posts

Members online