2006 f-250 6.0 gas mileage

berklong

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have a 2006 f-250 6.0 power stroke and i have EGR delete, 5 inch exhaust, head studs, powermax turbo, and custom SCT tunes. I am having trouble with gas mileage. i was curious if anyone had any ideas on what i could do to get it up. I'm am getting around 11 to 12 mpg right now

Spatel23

Reaction score
welcome.

couple questions we are going to need answers for to better help.....

tire size?
whose tunes on the SCT and which tune do you run
I assume fuel mileage is 11-12 unloaded ?
have you checked for boost leaks ?

berklong

Reaction score
well I'm new to all of this, i bought this truck off of a really good friend and he had everything done to it. I believe it was industrial diesel on the tunes and I'm running on extreme, its the only way i can get that good of mileage. yes that is unloaded and i haven't checked for a boost leak. Would having that big of a turbo be causing it?

BigFoot

Reaction score
I have my truck tuned with the TSD Mild Panty dropper and I'm getting about 16. Other people I have talked to a get about 18 with lifts and full size truck (I have a single cab). Boost leak is my first guess, I only boost about 22lbs, but I havnt been able to find It

berklong

Reaction score
We have checked for a boost leak and we cant find one. I told yall the wrong tunes they are
innovative diesel tunes. Would the bigger turbo be causing it from dumping so much fuel??

Latest posts

Members online