Who has the best custom tuning for 6.0 modified

JMart

Reaction score
I am guessing he is making this statement based off of having the fastest 6.0 and its tuned by Innovative.

Untill somone runs a 6.0 faster that Shawn with someone elses tunning he is kind of right. How else would you determine champion status?

stonepusher

Reaction score
I am guessing he is making this statement based off of having the fastest 6.0 and its tuned by Innovative.

Untill somone runs a 6.0 faster that Shawn with someone elses tunning he is kind of right. How else would you determine champion status?

I'm not to far behind, with way LESS fuel, way LESS turbo, way LESS motor, way LESS pump, my my truck weighs MORE and I DON'T run innovative tuning. Point seems pretty invalid if you ask me.

imelmo

Reaction score

Would you not expect a full on race truck to be faster than the rest regardless of tune for the most part?

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Shawn. Fastest fuel only powerstroke is an innovative tuned 6.0

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I'm not to far behind, with way LESS fuel, way LESS turbo, way LESS motor, way LESS pump, my my truck weighs MORE and I DON'T run innovative tuning. Point seems pretty invalid if you ask me.

Crew cab 4x4 7400lbs 10.46@133

Dont fool your self. You have a big step to take befors you can claim anything. See you in Bakersfield for nhrda season opener march 22

stonepusher

Reaction score
Eric is a great tuner and y'all's trucks likely run great because they were live tuned. But there are other tuners that can live tune also. It's not rocket science it's just squiring data and analyzing it and making changes based on such to find the sweet spot for any given setup. To me we are comparing apples to oranges. Full blown race trucks to daily driven trucks. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I am the first to put a single vgt into the 10's. My truck isn't gutted or shortened it's a daily driven street truck, the setup I have is a setup 95% of these guys on these forums could and would run, not huge singles and not big compound setups. I believe for having way less of everything y'all have I'm not sitting in too bad of shape for being 7 tenths of a second behind y'all while not running innovative tuning. Just my 2 cents.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Crew cab 4x4 7400lbs 10.46@133

Dont fool your self. You have a big step to take befors you can claim anything. See you in Bakersfield for nhrda season opener march 22

Look, I'm not claiming to be as fast as you so don't get your undies in a twist, all I am stating is that mine is a much more mild setup and has proven to run very well. Eric is a great tuner there is no doubt about it, but there are other tuners out there that are just as good. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the season opener, but I will be in ennis the following month at the Texas nationals. :toast:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Ordered the super panty dropper tune from TSD a few days ago. Still waiting on the email and can't wait to get it this will be my first custom tune. On a 6.0 at least. I also want to check out some of innovatives tunes.

Feliarius

Reaction score
I know it's an old thread, but maybe it will be a timely resurrection for someone

As others have said the 6.0 can have its problems that have been talked about over and over As for fuel mileage and tuners YES you can help with a tuner and the right tune... I have tried 3 different tuners Hypertech, Edge and now a SCT, hands down I like the SCT with a tow tunes from ******** automotive performance. The Hypertech had the best fuel mileage but they do not have a EGR ****** tune and I would turn on the check engine light from time to time and put the truck in limp mode and had to pull over cycle the key and go on...what a pain in the butt As for the Edge I did not like the trans program.

So all that being said with the SCT tuner and ********s https://mechanicguides.com/best-diesel-tuner-for-6-7-cummins/ studded tow tune I picked up 2.4 MPG when towing and when not towing I run ********s Extreme SRL tune Also keep in mind I'm a overkill type when it comes to mods so your mileage may not be the same..

My list of Mods:
* ARP Head Studs
* Maxxforce Oil Cooler
* Blue Spring Fuel PSI Reg
* Updated HPOP Fitting
* High Flow Turbo Oil Supply and Drain Fittings
* Sinister EGR ******
* AFE Intake and Air Filter
* Bullet Proof Diesel Water Pump
* Mishimoto Radiator
* Evans Coolant
* Mishimoto Intercooler