HPOP rebuild PARTS source?

m_j

Reaction score
I have a couple of stealth twin pumps that I would like to rebuild.
are there any vendors selling the barrels and pistons/springs for a DIYer?

MeTo

Reaction score
I vaguely remembering Bosch and Rexroth building pumps? That being said, I doubt they
would consider a retail parts sale? They might have info on a parts vendor who would?

Good luck.

m_j

Reaction score
I would like to put new guts in them. not sure on the nomenclature, the barrel and pistons and springs is pretty much the entire pump unless a wear plate on the swash or body is worrn
the rear pump is all stock but the front has a custom shaft.
buying a reman and gutting it sounds pricey

fastersteve

Reaction score
It's actually pretty easy to push the front pump shaft out and swap it to another pump. You just need to support the plate? when pushing it out, and support the other side when going back in. The shaft will come out without taking the inner workings out.
A big deep socket and a few taps with a brass hammer will do the job nicely.

Calico5

Reaction score
I have the "Stealth" twin-pump setup (the "do-it-yourself" kit). Been in the truck for over 10 years, but getting tired. Just recently replaced the pumps with two brand new Bosch HP008X 17[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] pumps.

I had to replace the "front pump" shaft with the custom one from Stealth (just recently, and when I did the original install in '07). Sounds like you have the same (or a similar) arrangement. Best bet is to just remove the shaft from the old pump, and put it into the new pump.

Don't try to gut a brand-new pump and put the internals into an old housing! Just swap the shaft...

The pump has to come apart a bit to remove the shaft (and disassemble the pump internals).

Pull the front lip-seal out, then remove the snap ring (which retains the front, big ball-bearing in the housing). The shaft will come out quite easily. Then the bearing can be pressed off the shaft. Also, IIRC, there's also a small snap ring that must be removed from the shaft to get the bearing off.

The rest of the pump can be disassembled by removing the rear pump cover, if needed. However just a shaft change does not require the whole pump to be disassembled.

Press the new bearing back onto the new/custom shaft, install the snap ring, then slide it back into the housing. Pump splines need to be aligned as it goes back together. This is a "slip, rotate and feel" procedure. Don't force it! Don't forget to install the snap-ring back into the housing!

Don't try to just push the shaft out of the pump! You'll break the housing. The seal and snap-ring MUST come out first.

The lip seal will be damaged when you remove it (it's the only way to get it out...). Replacement seal should be an [FONT=&quot]SKF 14867. This particular one is correct size for bore ID and shaft OD, and has Viton rubber, which withstands the hot oil MUCH better than "standard" BUNA/nitrile seals.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~Al
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online