Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hello, everyone I'm starting this thread for a couple of reasons, one for members to see what I'm doing and another for so advice from the vendors and members to save time for build. I'm a vendor myself, so the turbos I will be using will be mine, but as far as alot of the other parts they will be by other vendors and shops from here.
New to the forum thing so not sure about rules on how a vendor can post. I'm not selling or pricing on this thread just basically offering a go as I go build for my "MAD TRUCK". I plan on having dyno numbers, track times, pictures and video of whole thing.

So let's get started, the truck a 2004 f250 ext. cab XLT short bed. Truck as I bought has a 5.5 fabtech lift with 18 rims and 37" tires, also came with traction bars. It's and stock auto transmission, and 4x4, very clean truck with 111000, miles on it.

The mods I have done so far is ARP studs, Egr delete(ebay), 58v ficm, regulated fuel system(dozer's), 175/75 injectors(dozer's),inline high pressure fuel pump and filter,banks intercooler,factory oilcooler upgrade, Sct tuner,water/meth kit and analog gages(old school).Replaced single rear end with a factory limited slip unit, all work was accomplished be me. Pretty much the normal stuff, turbos have been stock to stage1- stage 2, right now no turbo.So that the base, of the truck and that's what I plan the build on.
This build is going to keep going on, and change untill I get to the point that I will stop.

Ok so, here's part 1, turbo will be a stage 3 tweeked just alittle more than the offer for sale.Injectors will stay same for now, have a set of 205/150 coming from Renenaged Diesel in next few weeks for upgrade.

Now, here's where I need input. I want to upgrade fuel system and thinking about a airdog 150, shooting into areo 1000 pump, to regulated fuel system.I also want to upgrade HPOP to diesel site pump and also use their performance oil pressure feed system. I believe that should take care of the fuel system.

A ported intake manifold will be next at same time as HPOP, either my ported 6.0 intake or a special one I will be running and will tell to guys later about it.
Next I will be taking truck to Altanta to get transmission built. After getting truck back it's run a tune to get it to Chris at TSD for a live tune on the stage 3 with the 205/150 injectors.

I plan on dyno numbers and of course track times for this build.I also plan on running this combo for alittle bit, well I wait extra set of heads to be worked on, and plan on contacting RCD for a set of lifters, and pushrods when head comes off and new on goes on.
Thanks ahead of time for all your input and look forward to working with all the vendors I can on this site.

Last edited:

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Why are you going to tweak the stage 3? Wouldn't it be good for curious minds/possible future customers to see what an actual stage 3 will do?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Why are you going to tweak the stage 3? Wouldn't it be good for curious minds/possible future customers to see what an actual stage 3 will do?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

It's my own turbo, It will just be alittle different than the regular stage 3. I would have to say about a 10-20 hourspower differance then the stage 3 I sell now. The stage 3 and 4 will be getting same turbine upgarde after I see how well it performs. The A/R is bigger on the stage 3 I will be running, so flow will be just alittle higher. Still bascially same, but since I'm the guy that build the turbos I want alittle extra, the other guys with stage 3 can be used for what the actually numbers and gain will be. Don't forget I will be also having a new type of manifold on the truck so, this build will be alittle hard to duplicate.

bad12jr

Reaction score
If it works and holds up well tweak the retail unit too. No reason to hold back.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'm really interested in how the 175/75's are gonna run with the Stage 3.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
So anyone have any input about the HPOP, and oil feed mod. I have an 2004 but has all the newer style oil delivery system. ICP sensor in valve cover and have the big oil feed manifold with stand pipes. Does anyone have suggestions on upgrading all the orings when I do the pump, and anything else I should do, while I'm in there.
I want to make sure I have the healthest high pressure oil system I can have for the 205/150 injectors. Thanks

05wh250

Reaction score
I think you have to change the branch tubes to ues the old style. As for the delivery system I've heard guys have faster starts and they idle smoother, but i have no experience with it. All we did on mine was standpipes and stc fitting, forgot about dummy plugs, but i would think the delivery system would replace them and connect there.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
So anyone have any input about the HPOP, and oil feed mod. I have an 2004 but has all the newer style oil delivery system. ICP sensor in valve cover and have the big oil feed manifold with stand pipes. Does anyone have suggestions on upgrading all the orings when I do the pump, and anything else I should do, while I'm in there.
I want to make sure I have the healthest high pressure oil system I can have for the 205/150 injectors. Thanks

I would say to talk to Bill at PHP. He did this to the black race truck IIRC. Just outta curiosity, have you considered dual HPOP's? May not be worth it for the 205's, but if I know you, you'll be going bigger before long. Especially if Jonathan's truck lays down some huge numbers, then pulls good and gets some good times at the track. Maybe at set of 305's??????

windrunner408

Reaction score
Actually the HPODS connects at the ICP sensor locations on the rails and feeds in that way. I know I would like to try the delivery system out but i just dont think i will get my money's worth for the $1k it costs.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I would say to talk to Bill at PHP. He did this to the black race truck IIRC. Just outta curiosity, have you considered dual HPOP's? May not be worth it for the 205's, but if I know you, you'll be going bigger before long. Especially if Jonathan's truck lays down some huge numbers, then pulls good and gets some good times at the track. Maybe at set of 305's??????

DAMN IT!!!! I forgot to look in Bill's truck, when I was there at TS with him and Adrian in May, to see if he had it in there. I do remember that his truck ran SUPER quiet. I am talking common rail quiet. I thought it was impressive. Matt, do you know if Bill had this installed on his truck in May??

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
DAMN IT!!!! I forgot to look in Bill's truck, when I was there at TS with him and Adrian in May, to see if he had it in there. I do remember that his truck ran SUPER quiet. I am talking common rail quiet. I thought it was impressive. Matt, do you know if Bill had this installed on his truck in May??

Yeah, I believe he did. He did that at the same time he did the 175's.

chappy

Reaction score
Why the airdog and aeromotive? Seems like all it would need would be a sump kit and the aeromotive. sumps A lot cheaper then a airdog . I'm also really not seeing a need for a hpop at this point so don't fix what ain't broke. If you run into oil issues later then address it. Thats all I got for now.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i ran my low pressure FASS with my fuelab without a sump without any issues. However i do have a sump now, just because i wanted one. The reason for the low pressure pump is so the aeromotive pump doesn't have to work as hard. I have been running this same setup for years and so have alot of others...it works well.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Why the airdog and aeromotive? Seems like all it would need would be a sump kit and the aeromotive. sumps A lot cheaper then a airdog . I'm also really not seeing a need for a hpop at this point so don't fix what ain't broke. If you run into oil issues later then address it. Thats all I got for now.

I can tell you the reason I went with the AD150 to feed the A1000 is really only because I was following the factory recommendation in the owner's manual to either 1) use a lift pump to supply a sufficient amount of fuel to the suction of the A1000; Or 2) mount the pump's suction lower than the bottom of the tank and feed it with a sump. Well since I couldnt easily mount the pump lower than the bottom of the tank, I decided to use a lift pump to feed the A1000. Whether the lift pump is truly needed or not doesn't really matter to me. I just know what Aeromotive recommends in their manual and I figure they probably know better than I do because they actually designed the stuff. I hope this makes sense because otherwise all we are gonna do is go round and round saying "all you need is a sump and A1000" and that is going to be because that is what people have been able to get away with so far. JMO of course so take it FWIW.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I can tell you the reason I went with the AD150 to feed the A1000 is really only because I was following the factory recommendation in the owner's manual to either 1) use a lift pump to supply a sufficient amount of fuel to the suction of the A1000; Or 2) mount the pump's suction lower than the bottom of the tank and feed it with a sump. Well since I couldnt easily mount the pump lower than the bottom of the tank, I decided to use a lift pump to feed the A1000. Whether the lift pump is truly needed or not doesn't really matter to me. I just know what Aeromotive recommends in their manual and I figure they probably know better than I do because they actually designed the stuff. I hope this makes sense because otherwise all we are gonna do is go round and round saying "all you need is a sump and A1000" and that is going to be because that is what people have been able to get away with so far. JMO of course so take it FWIW.
Nicely said Nate.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
This sounds like a very cool build. I have been wanting to try the diesel site HPOP and delivery system but can't justify it just yet. I am curious to to see what you find out.
One recommendation for you, and this is just my opinion, would be to ditch the factory limited slip and get something like a detroit tru-trac or a full locker. If you plan to make use of all the power you plan on making, the factory limited slip probably won't last long. It only took a couple of burnouts and one boosted launch for my truck, which is only in the low 500s for hp, to do a number on the factory differential.

I am looking forward to seeing how far you can take 175/75s.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score

Is Bill a member on here? How would I get ahold of him. I am interested in this HPODS system.

Latest posts

Members online