MCC forum introduction thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Hey guys, just so you all know we now have a MCC section specific for the 6.4's. Right now we are only adding the 6.4s but we will expand to other engines as needed.

So any discussion, tips, help, questions ect should be posted here.

Suggestions for threads would be starting a thread about what you are needing, be sure to be very specific about what you are needing. Also be sure to post as much info about the truck as possible.

I think eventually too i will group some of the terminology with screen shots of each table to show what we are talking about as well as to help get a better understanding of what means what, and what changes effect the trucks performance.

Let me know if you guys want anything else, suggestions ect.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Does mcc support Mac or just windows? How does it work once you buy a unlock code?

You download MCC for free (from the H&S website). Then you install a base tune into it (you can use any tune from your programmer) from you SD card. Then you edit whatever you like and save the file in MCC. Then copy and paste that file to your SD card. Now is when you need the Unlock Code. In order to download your new program onto your tuner, the first time requires you use the Unlock Code. Then install the new tune to programmer and you are ready to roll.
IDK about Macs since I have never used one.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Not really available for Mac. I think there are some convert programs but I haven't heard of much success. Most guys bought a cheap laptop. I'm sure if this has changed a Mac guy will chime in.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

onebadf150

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help the information really clears things up. I looks like i will be buying a cheap laptop! With all the EPA bull**** is there a limited amount of unlock codes out there? My dad is about to order a 2013 f-250 and I have all his part waiting I just don't have a vin to get a unlock code. I'm going to get one for my 6.4l Bc I really want the exhaust brake function!

DWhite

Reaction score
Yes.
My vote goes to Gearhead for custom tunes.
He wrote me some for my 6.4 today and I loaded them up and it is a major kick in the pants. I'm super happy with his. Send Matt a message at Gearhead and he will hook you up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.