Yay. Injector seal/gasket leak

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Passenger side, second injector from the front. Truck runs fine. No problems at all, just really sh!tty mileage. It has air bubbles at the base of the injector when running and under throttle.

How hard is it to fix this? Its my plow truck and I would love to try and do it tomorrow since we have another storm on the way and I want better mileage lol. I can also get a video and pics tomorrow if y'all would like them.

Anybody have Cat-Rebels number? I hear he is the IDI expert and If he wouldn't mind i would like to pick his brain a bit.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
The kit you need looks like this-

69120.jpg

You might try carquest, I never had any luck at napa so I ordered em from Oregon Fuel Injection & had to wait a week. Cost about $30-$40 for the kit + shipping. Gotta be careful when you unscrew the line & go to reinstall, it's easy to cross thread the injector then you'll end up having to replace it.
Remove the old lines & set them along side the new hose & make equal size pieces with a knife/razor blade. Use a pick to remove the old O rings. Lube up new O rings & install. Install new plastic cups with rubber lines & new clamps. Be careful because the little plastic nipples can break off easily. Carefully reinstall injector lines, you'll prob have to bleed your system out of air to restart it.
Save the copper washers for a rainy day if you ever have to R&R an injector or 2. Other than that, that's really all you need to know. About a 2 hour job if you are taking you sweet time on every line.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
It might take 2-3 hours for your first time...its so straight forward and simple any monkey can do it. Most every place will stock the kit, ask for a return line kit.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Bringing it back....

This is so easy. I honestly thought it would be a bit tougher than this. Or at least more in depth... needlenose pliers, pick for the o-rings, scissors to cut new lines and a 5/8ths wrench for the fuel line is all you need. Lol

Turns out the driver side injectors had this done a while back. Looks like the same kit too. Thanks guys

dyvuna2u.jpg

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Yep. Went to pull off the front passenger side injector and it sucked, fuel lines made it take forever with the wrench turns. Pulled out the second injector back and it had no crush washer.... not on the injector end, or in the hole. That's why it was spurting fuel from the base :doh:

Only had to do the passenger side too. Driver side had the exact same kit it looks like on it. Now I have half the kit for spares :D

Thanks, Cat.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What would cause the truck to die after running it for a few minutes, then won't start? Have to pull the truck to get it goin.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Would replacing the manual pump with an electric low pressure fuel pump be beneficial?

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Thats always beneficial for the most part, especially when you need to bleed the fuel system. Hard hot starts are usually IP's starting to go south. Next time it does that, pour a bottle of room temp water on the IP, and see if it starts. If it does, dying IP.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.