Leaking tank

BKopp

Reaction score
I put an auxiliary tank in my truck 3 months ago and have it plumbed in with the rds gravity kit. I've filled it at least five times since with no issues until today. I get home and had dinner and then went to hook up to the trailer and smelled diesel. Look under and it's leaking from on top of the truck fuel tank. I shut the valve to the aux. tank and hauled my stuff and it quit leaking. Anyone have any ideas? I may have to pull the bed up to look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jomax

Reaction score
I put an auxiliary tank in my truck 3 months ago and have it plumbed in with the rds gravity kit. I've filled it at least five times since with no issues until today. I get home and had dinner and then went to hook up to the trailer and smelled diesel. Look under and it's leaking from on top of the truck fuel tank. I shut the valve to the aux. tank and hauled my stuff and it quit leaking. Anyone have any ideas? I may have to pull the bed up to look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The gravity feed doesn't work well. The ball sometimes stays open in the RDS kit causing an overfill. It could be coming out of your vent lines, or sending unit cap.

What I did to fix it is, I gutted the ball out and only fill when needed, after the truck Tank is full. I turn it off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk