Injector sizing

Reaction score
I have a 2001 7.3 with a good bit of mods. Injectors are going bad so I'm going to go with a bigger set. What size yall reccomend. Mods are:
Gtp38r
Bts built 4r100
Ad2 fuel system
Riff raff fuel pickup
Driver rr fuel bowl ******
Adrenaline hpop
Probably more

I use the truck for work I do drywall and I use it to tow a decent sized trailer time to time. I want more power but dont need to make a boatload. Pretty sure I have pmrs and a totally stock motor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
238/200's. Lol!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Was thinking 180/30 or 238/80 I know that a big difference but if I'm paying for hybrids I'm getting 238/??. From my understanding the higher nozzle size brings more top end power right?

DieselDC

Reaction score
If that’s all you’re doing then 160/30 are all you’ll need. I have them maxed out and it tows like a boss. If you wanted more then 238 as mentioned, would suit you fine. It’s going to be a little more money is all.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Reaction score
If that’s all you’re doing then 160/30 are all you’ll need. I have them maxed out and it tows like a boss. If you wanted more then 238 as mentioned, would suit you fine. It’s going to be a little more money is all.

—————signature—————
I think there's like a couple hundred dollar difference which in the grand scheme of things I'd gladly spend if I thought i wanted to go bigger. But at the same time if it's going to be harder to daily or less reliable I'd rather go smaller. Never ridden in a truck with eithier so I have nothing to go off but opinion. I'm not gonna take it to the drag strip or anything but wouldent mind tearing someone a new one once in awhile lol.

Reaction score
And I'm thinking 238/?? Would be a time bomb with pmrs am I right cus if so I'd rather go smaller.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Then 238, I stuck with 160/30 b/c I tow lots, it’s all I ever needed.

—————signature—————

Reaction score
Then 238, I stuck with 160/30 b/c I tow lots, it’s all I ever needed.

—————signature—————
Yea wont be doing a lot of towing with it. Just dont want to do a lot of breaking eithier lol.

mcnance865

Reaction score
I daily 238/80 with a KC38r, Adrenaline, Irate fuel system. Drives great. Very glad I did not go any smaller. I have a Dorsey stage 2 trans going in as we speak and I hope that makes it a whole lot better (it will). I see you have a BTS, so no issue there. I have forged rods so I never worried about it, but with the right tuning for PMR I'm sure it would do fine. Driving on the street you are rarely gonna see the top hp number. For instance, I *should* be in the 500-525 rwhp range on the hot tune at max power, however just driving around daily and even punching it I doubt I am ever over 450.

mandkole

Reaction score
Reliability is in your right foot.. these motors do not have limitless trips to crazy town in them, so use them wisely lol... I've made ~510 with the same parts for past 10 yrs and most of its mileage is towing. (The tow file makes about 380, so it's plenty)

The smaller 160s will get a lot done- Just depends on what you want.

dmd

Reaction score
Got a set of unlimited stage 1.5s going in next weekend.

Just what I have, plenty for me and tow well. I use a tow tune with better
shifting when towing my 10k TT, probably could have gone larger with the additional bolt-ons but I am looking for the long run. With 230k already i dont
want to push my luck.

Reaction score
I'm not trying to make huge power would be nice to have as much as my 18 does stock tho lol. It's just a beat up work truck till I can do all the body work and repaint them the work truck will be an old f150.

Reaction score
Just what I have, plenty for me and tow well. I use a tow tune with better
shifting when towing my 10k TT, probably could have gone larger with the additional bolt-ons but I am looking for the long run. With 230k already i dont
want to push my luck.
Whose toonz you running?

dmd

Reaction score
Gear-head. I had complete custom tunes from him when he was smaller. Then when I
went with the 160's I got his tunes with just a few adjustments. I would like to get
all the tunes setup so the TC doesnt let unlock when i apply the brakes. The tow tune
holds the TC but I would like it in every tune. unlocking the TC is factory setting in my
PCM.

I like his shift pattern and that I can feather the fuel peddle and it will shift up if any
where close to the programmed pattern. It will lock the TC and shift into OD at 43mph
if I feather it.

Reaction score
Gear-head. I had complete custom tunes from him when he was smaller. Then when I
went with the 160's I got his tunes with just a few adjustments. I would like to get
all the tunes setup so the TC doesnt let unlock when i apply the brakes. The tow tune
holds the TC but I would like it in every tune. unlocking the TC is factory setting in my
PCM.

I like his shift pattern and that I can feather the fuel peddle and it will shift up if any
where close to the programmed pattern. It will lock the TC and shift into OD at 43mph
if I feather it.
That's who I'm running as well just sent in for revision. Always liked there stuff I've tried a few others and there was no comparison. None of the new popular guys tho like jelibuilt or 1023 or anything.

dmd

Reaction score
Ghead used to sell a package of those exact injectors and tune (chip if you needed
it). I bought it 18mos ago and they just drop shipped the injectors and sent the
tunz from their shop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.