Icp and ipr readings

EPA

Reaction score
Icp reads 1800-2000 max. Ipr reads 30% max... Both seem low... Fuel pressure is good. New Icp sensor... Old ipr... Maybe needing a new ipr and hpop?? Injector orings are new. Power feels a bit low after I had a low. 10k mod lowers Icp but ipr stays around 30ish... Icp at idle 430-480 fluctuates.. Ipr I think was around 12. Any ideas?
I know Icp is weak but ipr staying low puzzles me.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
Undo the 1K mod. How many miles on motor, How many miles since last oil change, How many miles on injectors. What year truck. Lots of variables left open to help.

EPA

Reaction score
Mod removed... First thing I did to see what would change.... 03. 7.3... 270k... Oil changes every 4-5k... Goes in gold comes out dark gold haha. I have about 1k on this change but its been an issue for a few months now.
6 Injectors are under 50k 2 are original.... Compression was 360 Even all across tested cold (45 deg) not plugged in. Test gauge was leaking a bit so I'm sure numbers are a bit higher... When warm I sometimes get a very very slight haze from exhaust. Doesnt use oil. No coolant issues.
I think ipr is original.. 55-60 psi fuel pressure at all times. Starts right up in freezing weather not plugged in.. With just a haze for about 10-20 seconds.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Icp reads 1800-2000 max. Ipr reads 30% max... Both seem low... Fuel pressure is good. New Icp sensor... Old ipr... Maybe needing a new ipr and hpop?? Injector orings are new. Power feels a bit low after I had a low. 10k mod lowers Icp but ipr stays around 30ish... Icp at idle 430-480 fluctuates.. Ipr I think was around 12. Any ideas?

I know Icp is weak but ipr staying low puzzles me.
Are those idle numbers or wide open throttle numbers?

live life full throttle

EPA

Reaction score
Wot at 1800-2000 and 30ish.
Idle fluctuates between 430-480 and 12%

EPA

Reaction score
Correct No cel and no tune
I'm thinking it might be time for an hpop and injectors?

Last edited:

EPA

Reaction score
Rebuilt stock from full force. Had them in another truck.
They were good but that was 2 years ago... They sat around for awhile.

Reaction score
With the two original injectors at 270k they very well may be apart of the issue. Just curious why you left those two inectors in?

EPA

Reaction score
Only had 6... I have moved a couple times and damaged 2 in the process... I was going to repair them but bit the bullet and decided to see if I could correct the issue some with 6 injectors and all new orings. Now that I have a good work space im working on the rig and decided to figure this out... I haven't driven it for 4 months because of 4 linking the rear and other suspension work.
I had a feeling it might be the last 2.. I might just buy some stage 1s. Would bad injectors cause low ipr and Icp? I know bad hpop would cause low Icp but high ipr.

EPA

Reaction score
Before install I Didnt tear them apart just cosmetic cleaning and oiled...
When I stored them same thing.. They sat in a box with just a fresh film of oil.

Last edited:

EPA

Reaction score
Any 7.3 gurus want to chime in haha:thumbsup:
Still wondering what would cause both lower Icp and ipr at wot... Boost is 18-20psi max with and without banks six gun Fuel pressure good. Boost used to come in stronger and would hit 24-25psi before issue. Compression good 350 all across on cold motor that hasn't been started for a couple weeks. I installed new Icp. Injector o rings trying to fix issue. Would bad injectors and hpop cause the 2 reading to be low?

Arisley

Reaction score
Undo the 1K mod. How many miles on motor, How many miles since last oil change, How many miles on injectors. What year truck. Lots of variables left open to help.

Are those idle numbers or wide open throttle numbers?

live life full throttle

No cel? Is it tuned?

live life full throttle

What brand injectors did you put in the truck?

With the two original injectors at 270k they very well may be apart of the issue. Just curious why you left those two inectors in?

Did you clean them up and lubricate them or leave them in bucket of oil?

live life full throttle

Any 7.3 gurus want to chime in haha:thumbsup:
Still wondering what would cause both lower Icp and ipr at wot... Boost is 18-20psi max with and without banks six gun Fuel pressure good. Boost used to come in stronger and would hit 24-25psi before issue. Compression good 350 all across on cold motor that hasn't been started for a couple weeks. I installed new Icp. Injector o rings trying to fix issue. Would bad injectors and hpop cause the 2 reading to be low?

We kinda are the 7.3 Gurus. There are some on here that are better, but we are pretty good.

Your Numbers could be caused by high mileage injectors. HPOP could be getting tired. Turbo could be getting tired. 350 compression is OK. It is good that it is consistant across all eight holes. But it could be a good bit higher. Although cold, 7.3's are kinda loose.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Its still odd that icp went down. Usually ipr goes up when that happens but that isnt to far off of stock tuning.

What oil are you running again?

live life full throttle

Reaction score
It’s strange that Ipr dc isn’t maxing out at wot.

You may want to check the engine for any boost leaks. The silicone on the intake plenums goes bad sometimes a causes boost leaks.

How’s the turbo wheel look? Is there any in / out shaft play?

One last thing to check, Kinda thinking outside the box, but check your tps voltage at wot and make sure it’s within range.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Check map sensor readings. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but it might not be calling for fuel if the map sensor is off...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Check map sensor readings. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but it might not be calling for fuel if the map sensor is off...

live life full throttle

Good point too. If you unplug the MAP and the truck runs better, most likely the sensor is bad. Had that happen to me before

Latest posts

Members online