What the hell?

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Rolling down the road this afternoon and an alarm pops up, "in 50 miles, speed limited to 50 miles an hour. Exhaust fluid system fault". Wtf???

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know, I fire it up to go for service and no alarm , no warnings , nothing. Dropped it off because it should have a code in there somewhere.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Dumb question but are you low on exhaust fluid?

I agree though, delete it and enjoy the truck that much more!

redracer62

Reaction score
2014-04-18 20.54.03.jpg
I had this pop up today. They told me it was both nox sensors went bad. Won't be fixed till Tuesday. Notice how many miles I have.

Bavaria

Reaction score
Hello there,
I am new here and this is exactly what I have on my truck too.
I am the proud and desperate owner of one
Ford 2014 F250 crew cab from Legacy Ford TX (big dog)
( now 16000mls)
I imported the vehicle to Angola in Africa and have the following problem:
about 100mls ago while cruising normal at app 50mph on tar road I suddenly got the dashboard message "exhaust fluid system fault". Now I am limited to 50mph , I do not know when the truck will go in limp mode. I checked for loose connections under the car, could not find anything, the DEL level is almost full.
There is no competent dealership/Ford service for thousands of miles.
I came across this bulletin somewhere on this forum:

SVE BULLETIN Q-221
SPECIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING – BODY BUILDERS ADVISORY SERVICE:
Description: 2013-2014 Model Year F350, F450 & F550 Chassis Cab Super Duty 6.7L Diesel May Exhibit
"Exhaust Fluid System Fault" Or “Engine Idle Soon” Instrument Cluster Message- Service Tip.
These messages may occur if vehicle ignition is “keyed on” with any of the following items disconnected during
Vehicle Modifier/Up-fitter installation of aftermarket bodies:
• Harness Ground to left side end of Frame (G400)
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
• Glowplug Control Module (GPCM)
• Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor
• NOx Module
• DEF (Urea) Tank.

I am not sure ( cos is a F250) but this maybe would help in my case too.

Since I am not a mechanic I do not know where on the vehicle to find those connections.
So I kindly ask if someone could describe for me where on the truck to check for those possibly loose/disconnected items. Like mentioned there is NO dealership here I could refer to and I will be lost if I do not find a solution by myself.

Thanks very much everybody for your anticipated reply and I hope I will be able to sort this out. Otherwise I can scrap the truck actually.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Hello there,
I am new here and this is exactly what I have on my truck too.
I am the proud and desperate owner of one
Ford 2014 F250 crew cab from Legacy Ford TX (big dog)
( now 16000mls)
I imported the vehicle to Angola in Africa and have the following problem:
about 100mls ago while cruising normal at app 50mph on tar road I suddenly got the dashboard message "exhaust fluid system fault". Now I am limited to 50mph , I do not know when the truck will go in limp mode. I checked for loose connections under the car, could not find anything, the DEL level is almost full.
There is no competent dealership/Ford service for thousands of miles.
I came across this bulletin somewhere on this forum:

SVE BULLETIN Q-221
SPECIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING – BODY BUILDERS ADVISORY SERVICE:
Description: 2013-2014 Model Year F350, F450 & F550 Chassis Cab Super Duty 6.7L Diesel May Exhibit
"Exhaust Fluid System Fault" Or “Engine Idle Soon” Instrument Cluster Message- Service Tip.
These messages may occur if vehicle ignition is “keyed on” with any of the following items disconnected during
Vehicle Modifier/Up-fitter installation of aftermarket bodies:
• Harness Ground to left side end of Frame (G400)
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
• Glowplug Control Module (GPCM)
• Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor
• NOx Module
• DEF (Urea) Tank.

I am not sure ( cos is a F250) but this maybe would help in my case too.

Since I am not a mechanic I do not know where on the vehicle to find those connections.
So I kindly ask if someone could describe for me where on the truck to check for those possibly loose/disconnected items. Like mentioned there is NO dealership here I could refer to and I will be lost if I do not find a solution by myself.

Thanks very much everybody for your anticipated reply and I hope I will be able to sort this out. Otherwise I can scrap the truck actually.

For having the truck in Africa, DELETE THE EMISSIONS EQUIPMENT.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Man I gotta agree. Delete the DPF and EGR systems completely. You don't need them there I'm sure and they are the root cause on 99% of issues you're likely to face. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind in an area with no dealership.

Bavaria

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, I agree absolutely, justbthere is alot of confusing information out there which, ( I am eying the H&H street/race tuner ) will do the trick.
Some say with 2014 models is not working or with some extra codes to buy and stuff.
I cannot have some gear here and then fiddle around and it will not work with the software of my version F250. So I really must make sure 1st time I get the correct one.
Also the exhaust I want to replace which will be the smallest issue.
Thank you for your replies.
I will be at this forum alot I gues....

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Contact Mike at No Limit here on the forum. He'll get you what you need and it will all work the first time. I can understand your hesitation given your location but they have a damn good handle on this tuning these days.

Latest posts

Members online