obs brake line replacement q's

zilla68

Reaction score
I'm replacing the stock lines with stainless lines from pmf.

I actually replaced them tonite, bled the system but it just doesn't feel right.

Anything I need to do different than any other brake bleed I've done in the past?

start at the farthest and work your way closer?

My 9 year old daughter was helping me, pumping the pedal about 15 times each, fluid looked bubble free, but when you hold the pedal down, it doesn't stay it goes on to the floor eventually.
Still air in the system you think?

Anything need to be done with the abs unit up on the frame above the drivers wheel?

PSDEng

Reaction score
Yep start on the furthest one and work your way up, including the abs module. I think simply gravity bleeding them is the best option.

When did pmf come out with obs line?! How's the quality?

zilla68

Reaction score
ok, then the abs module is what I'm missing.
I have a pressure bleeder I just didn't want to get it out, it was freaking 40 degrees last nite, mid 80's day before and I was in the garage, lol.

They had them on their site, fit great, so far no issues, they stock the smoked ones he said so I ordered those, came with everything I needed.

I'll redo the bleed job tonite and see how it holds up.
I'm sure you do the abs module last right since its the closest to the master cylinder?

hell the hardest part of the whole deal was getting the keeper off the front lines that hold it to the bracket, those things were a pain in the azz

PSDEng

Reaction score
Yeah I would do the abs last. Good info I might have to pick up a set. My truck needs an entire brake job front and rear so I may as we'll throw this into the mix. Think you could post a pic of them installed?

zilla68

Reaction score
sure, when i get it finished and cleaned up.
the drivers side has the extra port for the abs line, and I put it on the passenger side, lmao, too lazy to go to the other side and see if that is where it went, so I had to swap those back last nite.

zilla68

Reaction score
I forgot I had the motive power bleeder lol, looks like my 9 year old little girl got replaced from pumping the brake pedal.

I got it all bled and seems ok, but I need to recheck the rear as I had so much brake fluid everywhere I can't tell if I have a leak at the junction of the new block or not.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I retained a mushy peddle until I activated the RABS and it went away. Must have been air trapped in there. Now I add the valve as part of my bleeding procedure. That's prolly you issue if you haven't fixed it already

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
I have to agree that the motive power bleeder makes brake work soooooo much easier. I used to despise fluid changes, now it's no big deal.

zilla68

Reaction score
mine is manual and I bought the kit with all the adapter caps for every make, along with the vac set up. I think it was like 350.00 for all of it.
No air required, just pump the little jug up by hand after filling with brake fluid, and start bleeding after you attach the cap to the master cylinder