no start, no oil psi??

97stoker350

Reaction score
Alright so I finally got my new motor in. Bought it with 8k on the clock. Ran fine before. I took pan off and found that the tack welds on the pickup tube we broke. Didn't think anything of it. So trying to start today and hpop res will not fill up. When I do fill it up it will run for about 10 sec and quit. Any ideas? Idk if the lpop is new or not

97stoker350

Reaction score
No there isn't much room for it to move in the bracket so I didn't think it was an issue and I didn't think that the welds would have gone completely through the tube

boggerr

Reaction score
You should have had that welded or got a new one, might not be your problem now but down the road it's going to be a problem.

What did you do before you put the engine in? injectors, hpop anything like that?

How long are you cracking the engine?

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well I did some reading and guys said it u put more oil in and jack up the rear it will submerse the tube enough that if you crank it will suck oil where it's cracked. I did this and still no oil psi so I don't think that's my problem. Had 1212 and 1280 codes. All I did was reseal oil pan put my injectors and stuff on and put it in. I did send my srp back to be gone through and Gary said it was perfect. I don't have a scanner to check dc or anything so Idk what's going on

Arisley

Reaction score
No low pressure oil is your issue. If you fill the HPOP and it runs for a few seconds (until ghe HPOP runs out of oil) you should pull the motor and replace the oil pickup tube.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
It was like that when I tooke it apart and I ran fine before. And I just had the motor out so I really do not want to pull it again

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
It was like that when I tooke it apart and I ran fine before. And I just had the motor out so I really do not want to pull it again

I totally understand not wanting to pull the engine again but let's take a look at the sequence of events here.
1:You had a running motor tobe put in
2: took pan off found broken pickup tube
3: reinstalled pan and sealed
4: now you don't have any LPOP pressure

I'd say as much of a pain in the but as it is you need to pull that engine and fix a now known problem. You removed the pan and possibly disturbed a broken tube. I mean in all the time I have worked on vehicles it's usually the easiest fix is the solution. Just seems the pickup tube would be the place to start.

Arisley

Reaction score
If there is no low oil pressure, how could it not be the issue. Unless there is no oil in the oil pan except for what you filled the HPOP with.

Good luck.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Calvin-Hobbes-Its-Not-Denial-poster.jpg

97stoker350

Reaction score
All I'm saying is I'm gonna rule out everything I can before I pull the fvcking motor again as it's no walk in the park for those of you that don't know

Arisley

Reaction score
Start it. The reservoir will be empty in a few seconds. Repeat until you fill the oil pan with enough oil to get picked up by the tube.

Or just make it easy and remove the oil cap and put oil in until it comes out of the fill tube.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Truck has 5 gallon of oil in it already so I think that's enough to submerge the pickup. I'm thinkin a new loop is in order. When I pulled the pan off the guy before put red sealer on it and I found a bunch in the pickup screen and I almost wonder if it didn't clog the pump up since it sat so long

Reaction score
Dyno proven had the same issue just a few months ago with my new engine. They over filled it and jacked the rear just like you did. Still no start. Put a new lpop on and still no start they ended up pulling the motor and find a small crack in the pickup. Very small. Would have easily over looked but that ended up being the problem. As far as having Gary rebuild your hpop and him saying it was fine don't mean Jack. My billet stealth was sent back to him while my engine was being built. He told me same thing. I have 1500 miles on the engine and it won't start when hot only making 280psi. Now I have to send it to him again. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Thanks. Took it to a guy that's gonna try priming the lp system to see if that works. If not I guess I'll bring it back home and pull the motor again

Latest posts

Members online