Trail Grappler vs. Open Country MT

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
The Nitto's I had lasted all of 14k miles or so and my truck seemed to wander a bit more. The Toyo's rode and looked better IMO. Can't testify to the longevity of the Toyo's but it was looking like they were going to out last the Nitto's by a long shot. I couldn't tell a difference in the noise.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
My Nittos dies after 23000 miles. My falkens have gone 27000 and have about half life left. As was said earlier, Nittos on a heavy truck seem to die fast.

GreenF350

Reaction score
Wow...You guys and tire life scare me....makes me not want to get the Toyo's, but figure my truck is just a freak. I have a little over 60,000 miles on my Nitto MUD Grapplers (and looking for tires now) and my previous BFG KM2's had over 80,000 on them when my buddy that I sold them to traded his truck in. Pretty tired of the noise though on the Mud Grapplers and will be looking at the Toyo MT's since in my size the Trail Grapplers have a good bit lower weight rating (not that I use all of it anyway) than the Toyo's.

The short story is, the Toyo MT's have good ratings/reviews and will probably be my next choice.
-Aaron

madman1234509

Reaction score
was going to say when I bought toyos I got them from tiresdirect.net and it was like 1600 shipped. Recently Ive noticed a lot of sizes on back order. Also, the toyos that were on my 08 had 45k on them and still had a little life left, with nice even wear all around. And the tires definitely got their fair share of burn outs. Cant ask for much more then that out of an mt.

Golddigger

Reaction score
Not sure on the rubbing, but I have had a lot better wear and tire life on my 35x12.50x17 BFG KM2's than I had running the same size toyo's and Nitto's.

PS4life

Reaction score
I run the 315/75/16 Nitto trail grapplers and they are perfect for my area and seem to wear very well , I have tried others and just don't get the same "feel" or wear out of them and no road noise.

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
I run the 315/75/16 Nitto trail grapplers and they are perfect for my area and seem to wear very well , I have tried others and just don't get the same "feel" or wear out of them and no road noise.

Same size Toyo MTs I run. Can't say about noise, they seem quiet for an MT, but the truck is so damn loud it doesn't matter. They behave well on the road, even in snow, and seem to be wearing well. Where they shine is off road. I'm one of the few that will take a 9K lb truck on trails through the woods. Aired down to about 20 psi and with both ends locked she will keep up with most of the taller trucks I run with. Depends on your area and what you use them for, but I love the Toyos.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
How much bigger is that than a 35x12.50x20? I ran that size at stock height for a long time.

Sent from the Sea

It's supposed to be their true 35/12.50. The 35/12.50 they offer is actually 13" wide. I've never tried 35's at stock height with factory 20's, so that's why I ask.

Reaction score
by4a6uqe.jpg
stock height 35/12.5r20 on 20/9's

Motomez

Reaction score
I switched from the Toyo AT's which i got 55K to the Mt's which have 57K and are about 1/2 worn out. I like the look of the MT but they seem to be getting louder. I think i may go back to the New AT's just to cut down some of the noise.

Bongiardina

Reaction score
I have 40/15.50/22 Toyo MTs on my F350 and 35/12.50/20 Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on my excursion.

they both drive great on and off road

I haven't had the nittos long enough to say how long they last.

The Toyo MTs are a little quitter than the Nitto MTs are

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Ive ran both on my f250 and now these on my Jeep.

37x14.50

rugejyju.jpg

Nittos rode nice, but I didnt have them long enough to give a fair review. Really love the Toyos though.

Latest posts

Members online