6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I wasn't insinuating anything. Just figured since all this piping was "finished" and it was "almost ready to start", that we would have seen a completed or at least any signs of a down pipe. You and I both know very well how long it can take to finish all the last little details on builds like this. Even after it has already started for the first time. Just saying, it looks like there is a solid week of finishing, unless these pics are just old ones. Hopefully they got it all straightened out as close as it is to time.

Exactly. We had so many pictures of piping and "finished" portions that actually were completely torn down and re-constructed later to function correctly with every other part. There is a HUGE difference between "starting" a truck and "driving" it. ---- a lesson that I learned from morgan and colton.. just because it starts, does not mean it can idle in traffic or make 100+ mile trips.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you guys. Those little details can eat up a huge amount of time. When I saw if on Friday, it looked very close to done, although there were a few loose ends prior to test driving. Of course this is coming down to the wire as these builds always seem to do. Things sure look promising to me though.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Is it because how the tranny shifts? I know my old 08 CCSB loved 37's on 3.73's

No it's because with bigger tires you are changing the effective final drive. This means you take longer to get rolling, longer to spool, and more stress on the drivetrain and transmission

Dan

Reaction score
What is your plan for the radiator? Am I missing it? But it still looks like that hose is non existent... Radiator delete FTW!

I haven't seen the downpipe yet either.

Or the coolant bottle, or the vacuum box..

^^^^whats all this garbage?

...or the front bumper. They probably forgot all those things because they clearly don't know what they're doing:rolleyes:

because this… wayne knows, all the parts are there, i just haven't posted pics of it all.

Glad to hear you won't be using 3.73's with the 37's..
99% sure it had 3.55s = fail lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i filled out my entry form i just put "stock gears" cause i didn't have plans of changing anything… stock gears in my truck was 3.55s… so yeah, a set of 4.30s are in there, see how that works with the 38s

Yeah, I hear you guys. Those little details can eat up a huge amount of time. When I saw if on Friday, it looked very close to done, although there were a few loose ends prior to test driving. Of course this is coming down to the wire as these builds always seem to do. Things sure look promising to me though.

we ran into issues with ford not stocking a ford part… part will show up monday and we'll be in business… theres nothing ya can do when you're waiting on parts! haha

Dan

Reaction score
I'm just saying… I'm with you guys on this, i would have been nice if it was running a couple months ago, but here we are. nothing you can do. nothing i can do. fingers crossed bentley has enough time to dial it all in!!!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've seen so much envy and jealousy in all these build threads it cracks me up! #intergalaticdrama. #CFDalthoughhatedhastracktimes (instead of keyboard times) lol lol lol.

#SPEhasdynonumbers (might be high but he has them)

Keep moving forward Dan. Good luck and nice rig.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6.0Dually

Reaction score
I've seen so much envy and jealousy in all these build threads it cracks me up! #intergalaticdrama. #CFDalthoughhatedhastracktimes (instead of keyboard times) lol lol lol.

I agree lots of posts come off that way.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

50_shooter

Reaction score

If I had the kind of money wrapped up in my engine that some of these guys do, I would get bitchy too when things didn't go my way. Some are aggravated that op got his stuff quick when they have been waiting longer, and that would burn me too, but op deserves a break since he essentially has had to build his truck TWICE. This build is absolutely awesome, and I'm sure those involved are going to get advertisement and future business if it makes the deadline and does well in the dpc. Another guy is mad because he can't play, I get that too, but none of that is the op's fault.

I'm just glad it is on here for us to watch the progress and hopefully see how it performs!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hahaha .. when do you guys have to be in denver? im skipping this year.

Latest posts

Members online