2012 Throwing P228E Code

eclipsemf

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2012 F550 dump with 220k on it. I got it super cheap as the guy thought it needed injectors (doesnt currently run) This is a 100% stock truck and is throwing P228E. I have done a ton of reading and done some work on the truck so far.

All fuel filters have been changed, the engine bay one had a ton of water and junk in it lower one not so bad. The lower one didnt have any metal flakes as I have been seeing is an issue when the CP4 goes out. I dropped the tank last night and drained all the fuel. Over all not terrible but did pull about half gallon of junk fuel and water from the bottom but not metal there also.

I can crank the truck over fine and it will act as if it wants to start but then goes back to cranking I did the turn key on for 30 seconds till the LPFP shuts on and did that 10 times. I am waiting on a new fuel / water sensor that goes on the lower filter as the old one was broken to re fill the tank again and try to start it but was seeing if I am missing anything here that I should try to do before looking at the CP4?

Thanks in advance!

sootie

Reaction score
judging by what you say what was in the tank, go ahead and change the hpfp now. Likely you will need injectors also.

What is rail pressure when cranking? actual vs desired?

eclipsemf

Reaction score
I dont know the desired vs actual pressure yet. The truck it at my house and am trying to have a local mechanic friend come to the house to check that for me but I feel like the pump is the issues just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything to obvious.

If that shows bad I will replace than and get new injectors and lines for it to be safe. I dont have much in to the truck so im fine doing that on it

sootie

Reaction score
get an obd adapter and download forscan. You dont need a buddy to diagnose then...

eclipsemf

Reaction score
Perfect thank you for that I have an obd blue tooth I used with torque pro for my car but couldnt get to deep on that with this truck. I will get that and give that a try and report back in the next day or 2. knowing if its low I know my issues! Thanks

Latest posts

Members online