best kind of batteries

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Ok I'm almost positive this topic has been discussed in depth many times on here, but my search option has stopped working. What would you guys say is the best type/brand to get? I'm almost positive mine ain't gonna last till next spring when it time to bring her out after winter. I've heard a bit about gel cells and AGMs and they seem like they're the better options than lead acids, but have no experience with them. Anyone had/have these?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've got a set of Optima Blue Top's ( Deep Cycle ) that I bought used off another member on here ( UNBROKEN ) about 3-4 years ago and they are still kicking like new.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Make sure the relay works. Mine quit on a night when it was -15 and that's how I learned that these are the best batteries on the market. And that it sucks having a broken block heater as well. Lol. Solid minute of cranking and it finally gave a cough. Let it sit for 20 seconds and gave it another minute till it started. Coulda done that a bit different by jumping the relay but I was cold and pissed. Lol.

Then the next morning i started it and didn't have time to let it warm up because we had to go look for some escaped horses, and the rear cover seal on the hpop let go. How fun that was.

Last edited:

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Hahaha that sucks. Soon as the temp gets below 45 degrees, I give her 10 minutes to warm up at least. Hotter than that, at least five. Luckily I still have the beater car I drove around when I painted it, so that's what I'm driving this winter. First snowflake I see, I'm driving my truck home and bringing that back out to school. So I don't have to worry about cold starts this winter, thank god.

Latest posts

Members online