Yellowstuff pads not so good

williamallen13

Reaction score
I changed my front pads in Jan and rear in March to EBC yellowstuff pads. Now in Aug they started squeaking more then normal. So thinking my calipers were messed up I ordered front calipers/rotors and pads. When I removed the front calipers I realized they had actually just worn really fast. The front down to about a 1/16 inch with deep indentations in the rotors and the rear about down to the metal. None of the caliper pins were stuck. All wore fairly even.
Has anyone else used yellowstuff and had a similar experience?

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I haven't tried any of the brand u listed above but I'm the parts guy in my dads shop and I do a lot of brake jobs. I know performance brakes brake good and perform well but life is usually short. it just all depends on how u are on brakes and how much u tow.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Put some Napa premium or ultra premiums and call it a day. That's what I would put on my truck. Nothing fancy and Napa products are pretty dang good without spending a million bucks

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I changed my front pads in Jan and rear in March to EBC yellowstuff pads. Now in Aug they started squeaking more then normal. So thinking my calipers were messed up I ordered front calipers/rotors and pads. When I removed the front calipers I realized they had actually just worn really fast. The front down to about a 1/16 inch with deep indentations in the rotors and the rear about down to the metal. None of the caliper pins were stuck. All wore fairly even.
Has anyone else used yellowstuff and had a similar experience?

I used YELLOW Stuff pads on my Range Rover Sport SC,They stopped great!The pad life was horrible,lots of dust and ate up the rotors.NEVER AGAIN!

Latest posts

Members online