7.3 goofy power surge

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
have your tuner lower ICP pressure at light pedal
Well another problem I'm having that my idling ICP is only at 470-490 and I'm only buildin 2400 ICP max is tunes besides sled pull which I'm building 3100 easy... Tony wildman is who's tuning it

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

turboTwang6

Reaction score
Just wanted to share these two graphs with you, my results are similar to yours with respect to ICP at idle and under full throttle, truck I'm working on has an adrenaline and 238/100s. We also had a ton of smoke with moderate throttle input and moderate acceleration...

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

Blown262

Reaction score
My ICP hangs around 475 at idle and builds to 3000 WOT at 2500+ stock tune. It drops to ~2400PSI with my 150 tune with a PW of ~2.8ms with a slight jump to 3.4ms at a little under 2k and drops back to ~2.8ms. I get a small puff of smoke when the PW opens up and then it clears right up. I get a little burp when I snap the throttle closed at a jump in ICP to ~3500. I'm on stock injectors with stock HPOP and ~50psi WOT fuel pressure. Don't know if this helps you compare and pinpoint.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Yea, its a lot of fuel for sure.

To the OP, any updates?
No nothing yet.. Still doing it.. Almost scary lol can be holding 55mph and all of sudden boom!! 75mph smoke boost jumps ICP jumps throttle position all of it but I never move my foot.. I'm kinda stuck on thoughts of either being pedal or CPS..

turboTwang6

Reaction score
No nothing yet.. Still doing it.. Almost scary lol can be holding 55mph and all of sudden boom!! 75mph smoke boost jumps ICP jumps throttle position all of it but I never move my foot.. I'm kinda stuck on thoughts of either being pedal or CPS..

Weird. The surges we're getting aren't that bad. You say throttle pos jumps when the surge happens? Do you have any datalogs of it showing the jumps in ICP/throttle pos?

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Weird. The surges we're getting aren't that bad. You say throttle pos jumps when the surge happens? Do you have any datalogs of it showing the jumps in ICP/throttle pos?
No not yet.. Had my bosses son ( guys like my 2nd dad and kid was my lil brother) pass away 2 weeks ago in a car crash.. So been just driving it lately

Latest posts

Members online