wtf do i do?

which engine?

• mechanical 24v

Votes: 16 17.8%

Votes: 74 82.2%

• Total voters

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Alright a good portion of you know im indecisseve as f*&# and i got myself in a bind with it big this time! My dilema... Cummins or 7.3?! I tied up a crap ton of money into both and am now short on funds. All im really missing for the cummins set up is the rotating short block and pump, needs machining and 24v pistons and some injectors (p-pump setup [emp proof]) and needs turbo and some other piddly ****. And the 7.3 needs machine, pistons, hpop, injectors and turbo and some other piddly chit. I do not have a trans yet! Cummins would be a manual and 7.3 would have a 6spd allison! I still have all the wiring for the 7.3, and havent done a cummins swap so i dont know what all is entailed. Help me out. Going to be a daily driver/heavy tow rig.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well for the work involved, I say 7.3... and an allison behind it would be pretty sick to see! How many fummins do you see- a lot! how many 7.3s with an allison do you see- 1 ever! Lol I know which way Id go...

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What ever motor you decide to build, I would sell parts of the other to pay for it.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Well, money is startin to come back in... The 24v will be going in. I have better plans for the 7.3. Muahaha. A friend a mine got a new mill and im sourcing common rail parts from an lbz duramax. Long story, if yer smart youll figure it out! Needless to say im adding 2 more valves per cylinder

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Haha. I have now that the mill is almost up and running. Not only that, its boat time and the cummins be a better towing motor. Buddy a mine is gonna hook me up with a stripped cigarette boat for almost nothing. Need somethin with some big torque to pull that around. The 7.3 as well as another 7.3 will be going in the boat with common rail fuel

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yeah, i live 4 miles off the st croix river which ties into the mississippi. Ive wanted a boat for a while, just wanted somethin different

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
People should know by now i am always undecided on things! The boat wont happen soon but my first set of heads i want to have done by christmas. Its all dreams for the most part. The most important priority right now is trying to get a house once the truck is done. And i told the old lady we could get married after the truck is done :doh:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you dumb ass what did i tell you about getting married? oh wait you were married once you should know better.... those heads sound bad ass hope they come out good for you!!!

SINNER

Reaction score
I bet you do not know much about boats do you? Like finding a set of matched drives that could survive behind a set of any common rail diesels is going to cost you 2 times what the diesels do. Here is the best drive Mercury makes at $50,000 EACH!!, rated to 1300 ft lbs. of torque.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/drives/m8.php

For around 20k a set you can have ones rated to 700 ft lbs. of torque.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/drives/bravothreexr.php

I hope the money is raining in now. LOL

Latest posts

Members online