Axle swaps

TunnelRam7_3

Reaction score
Hey guys! Truck is still running great, but I once again broke my D50 TTB. Luckily yesterday I found out that a friend has two f350's available to me he said I can have a whole truck if I want. I'm going to swap axles from one and go to 4.10s, the other truck is being scrapped because the front axle shattered. It's really clean though and I want to put my TTB in it just as a temporary and use it as a work truck. I know it's a dumb idea, and I probably wont end up doing it, but what do you guys think lol? Is it a stupid idea? I'd just use it to tow around zero turn mowers.

JCart

Reaction score
Good idea to swap out your TTB, read up on using SD springs and a PMF Reverse Shackle Kit they make a total bolt on kit to swap in a D60. Precision Metal Fabrications make great stuff.

The Dana 60 front ends are pretty robust, what “shattered” on that one? I’d look at getting a different D60 or a parts kit to replace what’s broken rather then mess with the TTB swap into it. I mean you still have to fix the TTB, so take those funds and put to repairing the D60. Then you’ll have two great D60 rigs....
j

Latest posts