Tie-Rod boot on new stock Tie-Rod

Belswick67

Reaction score
I just got in a wreck at the end of last year, needless to say ford put a lot of brand new parts on my truck. One of them is a new ford Tie-Rod on my passenger side. (The one you adjust for toe, not steer ahead) The lower boot is somehow already blown and leaking grease onto my rotor dust shield where they come in contact (or atleast close to it) can i replace that boot or does the entire Tie-Rod need to be replaced? The Tie-Rod isn’t greasable but i wanted to try to do something to save it. The upper boot where the drag link Tie-Rod slides into the steering knuckle is still fine. Just the lower part. Any ideas? It’s the Tie-Rod that literally just has a bushing that the upper Tie-Rod slides into. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I just got in a wreck at the end of last year, needless to say ford put a lot of brand new parts on my truck. One of them is a new ford Tie-Rod on my passenger side. (The one you adjust for toe, not steer ahead) The lower boot is somehow already blown and leaking grease onto my rotor dust shield where they come in contact (or atleast close to it) can i replace that boot or does the entire Tie-Rod need to be replaced? The Tie-Rod isn’t greasable but i wanted to try to do something to save it. The upper boot where the drag link Tie-Rod slides into the steering knuckle is still fine. Just the lower part. Any ideas? It’s the Tie-Rod that literally just has a bushing that the upper Tie-Rod slides into. Tia!

You'll have to replace the whole end to fix thw torn boot. If ford did it and used ford parts, it should be under warranty still. Warranty is 2yr/unlimited miles...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Belswick67

Reaction score
You'll have to replace the whole end to fix thw torn boot. If ford did it and used ford parts, it should be under warranty still. Warranty is 2yr/unlimited miles...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

That’s good to hear! Guess i won’t be buying another Tie-Rod! It’s definitely ford. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Members online