Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

Bubba88

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words :)

No problem Jared. Y'all have a great company and I believe people need to be given credit when it's deserved. There's so many companies out now which is a lot of competition. I get most of my stuff from Josh @ Darkhorse Diesel in Marietta. He's a stand up guy also and speaks highly of you as well. Did y'all make it down to Rudy's?

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Truck was losing power and getting smokey on me, then I couldn't break 10psi of boost. I made a set of testing plugs for the pipes and hoses on the compressor side of the turbo. I plugged the air in and went to 10psi and heard air leak, could hear but not see. I then went a little higher and sound like coming from intercooler. I removed intercooler and found a crack in the weld. The crack was about 3-4" long, I went and cleaned up and welded the crack up installed and checked again, 60psi no leaks in hoses or pipes. Connected everything up again and hot dam got boost, real fast boost, insane boost. In fact I need to get ahold of Jesse and get him to readjust the tune. The crack must have been very small and the more I hammered on the truck the bigger it would get, the truck was running a little Smokey when I was tuning with Jesse so we kept taking fuel out and adjusting the vgt duty cycle closed more. Well now the duty is closed too much and the turbo is surging, so need to get the duty adjusted to stop it, also need to bring more fuel into it. the turbo will run at 4psi and the second you push he throttle it jumps to 40 and then start to surge, once I get the tune right it should hit 50psi no problem. The truck is also much more snappy off the line, I couldn't build boost before with the brakes on but now it will build easy. I hope to get it tuned in time to hit the track.

Latest posts

Members online