Dual IPR block. Need help

Magnum PD

Reaction score
gwunter (Shannon) is the man. He took the task to design and fabricate a dual IPR block for me. I’m looking for advice as to how to plum the lines. Jason (Hot Rod Tractor) did his by taking a line coming from head into the input ports on each side of block. Then put the ICP sensor on the block where it can read the pressure the same as if it was on a high pressure rail. Shannon put two exit ports on the block for the bleed off from the IPR’s. I think I only need one port. Where should I dump that oil at?

Biggest question I have is, what do I do with the stock IPR port? Plug it off?

Do I just solder on another IPR pigtail on the stock wires?

I need special oil lines for the high pressure oil? I have been using hydraulic lines.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Shannon did some beautiful work on that piece! Can't wait to see you get it all figured out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DocBar

Reaction score
You should be able to just solder a new pigtail for the IPR. You'll want them to have the same signal.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That’s the plan

I did get some fittings for the block today at NAPA.

psduser1

Reaction score
gwunter (Shannon) is the man. He took the task to design and fabricate a dual IPR block for me. I’m looking for advice as to how to plum the lines. Jason (Hot Rod Tractor) did his by taking a line coming from head into the input ports on each side of block. Then put the ICP sensor on the block where it can read the pressure the same as if it was on a high pressure rail. Shannon put two exit ports on the block for the bleed off from the IPR’s. I think I only need one port. Where should I dump that oil at?

Biggest question I have is, what do I do with the stock IPR port? Plug it off?

Do I just solder on another IPR pigtail on the stock wires?

I need special oil lines for the high pressure oil? I have been using hydraulic lines.

Standard hydraulic lines-two wire- are not rated for the temps that hpo operates at. They will work for a while, but you might spend some time with your hydraulics guy, and find a better hose.
I think riffraff carries a gates version, and I know Parker offers a version rated to 450*, ish.
Personally, I'd work more about temperature rating than pressure, as standard hydraulic hose generally isn't designed or rated to withstand 200* + oil temps.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Standard hydraulic lines-two wire- are not rated for the temps that hpo operates at. They will work for a while, but you might spend some time with your hydraulics guy, and find a better hose.
I think riffraff carries a gates version, and I know Parker offers a version rated to 450*, ish.
Personally, I'd work more about temperature rating than pressure, as standard hydraulic hose generally isn't designed or rated to withstand 200* + oil temps.
Look on McMaster. Their website is awesome. Not saying they have what you need, but it is so easy to narrow down stuff that might meet your specs.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to quote you Joe. Not sure why it did that.

gwunter

Reaction score
I bought some hydraulic hose for turbo oil drain awhile back. If I remember correctly it was high temp rated, although I don't know what max temp was. I only got about 12" of the hose so I can't see what it reads, but I do know it had a red stripe down it as opposed to the typical green stripe. Thinking Goodyear brand but don't remember for sure. If you really have to know details I can swing by the hose shop and find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I’ll see what my local NAPA guys say plus there are other places I can check.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Call Cnc fab. See about getting him to make you some. I just ordered the kit and the line and fittings all look great and top of the line.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
They make hydraulic lines, I’ll just ask what temp they can handle.

m j

Reaction score
making an ipr plug shouldnt be hard on a lathe
its a -08 ORB iirc. so a bolt 3/4"-16tpi could be turned down to fit the smaller ID section and an oring groove added to seal it.
I would have to open a pump again to verify what needs to be blocked

not sure if they block hotlinks but here is an image of a test fitting that could be used as well
3542.jpg

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That’s my plan. Use that fitting to plug the stock IPR spot

The temp rating on the hydraulic lines around me are 212 degree

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I bought some hydraulic hose for turbo oil drain awhile back. If I remember correctly it was high temp rated, although I don't know what max temp was. I only got about 12" of the hose so I can't see what it reads, but I do know it had a red stripe down it as opposed to the typical green stripe. Thinking Goodyear brand but don't remember for sure. If you really have to know details I can swing by the hose shop and find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PM this fellow here and ask him

Latest posts

Members online