Lemon Law

PSDEng

Reaction score
Has anybody on here Lemon Lawed at truck in Pennsylvania before? If so, I’m being told that the truck has to go To the SAME dealership 3 times for the same issue, but in reading the PA law that’s not what I’m seeing. Can anyone out there provide any guidance on this portion of the law?

Does anyone have advice or guidance in general on the best way to proceed with these things? I’ll be first going through the BBB Autoline to see if I can get a full replacement via arbitration. If not, I’ll have to lawyer up as unfortunate as that is.

EPA

Reaction score
You must report the defect atleast once within 12k miles or 1 year of owner ship... If you didn't you do not qualify for it... But there are other things that can still help like federal warranty act.
If you do qualify for lemon law you also must have allowed them ( the manufacturer or its authorized dealer) 3 repair attempts.. Now if you only have had 1 repair but you were left without the vehicle for 30 days you can also qualify... But there is no way to bypass 1 year 12k whichever comes first.. The issue must be one that deems the vehicle dangerous not roadworthy or its completely out of commission.
Also no lemon law for used cars... However there is another act that maybe able to help if indeed the vehicle was purchased used.

Cashier check only please... Total will be $250... Thats175 for consulting... 50 for the carpal tunnel fee and 25 just because haha...
Anyways haha.. Hope you get your issue resolved.

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
Yeah I understand the law, I was looking for advice on what types of things Ford might try and do to weasel their way out of this. The truck had 950 miles on it when I first took it to the dealer for the first round. I’ll be taking it back next Monday for round 3 and I’m pretty confident it’s not going to make a difference which is why I’m getting ready to go through this process.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I'd consult a lawyer, no matter what avenue you choose. a good lawyer is still cheaper than the cost of a new car.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I did one on a Jeep Wrangler I bought in 14. Now, I’m in Texas so I’m not sure what all the differences are, but I lawyered up and though they didn’t do a “buy back”, they did reimburse me for depreciation. I think they gave me $6-7k and lawyer got I think 30%. I agreed and traded it off beige the check arrived. It’s also going to depend on the severity of the issue your having. I’d consult a lawyer. Most of the “lemon law” ones only take the cases they know they can win.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I’ve talked to a lawyer, luckily the way the PA lemon law works the manufacturer is on the hook for the legal fees. I’m hoping for full reimbursement, I doubt I’ll get back the $2500 I spent on a bedliner and paint protection fil though.

Drkhrse

Reaction score
I had to Lemon Law a '99 Cobra.. They had it for 6 MONTHS trying to fix it... Still had to make payments for those 6 Months... ended up getting EVERY PENNY back including Interest... That was VA tho