Selector valve fittings?

Rico

Reaction score
38 gallon tank on order for rear. I want to add tank sump. I have 3/8” fuel injection hose on order as well. Where can I buy fittings that will work with the 3/8” hose and tie into my selector valve to bypass the stock sender ? Fairly new selector valve and I would like to keep the front tank to keep the dual tank setup.

bluedge8

Reaction score
with the size of the fuel lines in the selector valve, the sump and 3/8" lines are all but useless. When I get around to doing mine (38 gal tank is in the garage) I will feed the motor on the rear tank and transfer fuel from the front tank into the rear when it gets low, giving you the 18 plus the 38 gal total and good flowing fuel from the tank to the engine, along with running the return to the rear tank only. Simplifies the whole dual tank set up. I was even considering an auto shut off on transferring fuel from the front tank to the rear tank using the existing floats.

79jasper

Reaction score
I thought stock lines were 3/8 and 5/16.
Take it for what it is, but I believe Dave has tested the stocker up to 500hp.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rico

Reaction score
3/8 return
5/16 supply. I’m running new lines to the selector valve and am looking for the fittings. Havnt looked under the truck yet to see what is needed. Just thought Q and A would do the trick.

79jasper

Reaction score
May get tricky trying to use 3/8's line of the 5/16's connector.
The male side of the connections at the selector valve have corresponding sizes also.
I would have to double check, but I thought feed was 3/8's and return was 5/16's.
You can get those fittings in the help isle of the parts store.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm in the process of an engine install and fuel system upgrade right now.

On my 96 both steel fuel lines from the selector to the hoses that connect the engine to the frame (under the left exhaust manifold) are 5/16. The supply (originally suction) hose jumps from 5/16 to 3/8 at this hose and the steel supply line on the engine is 3/8.

So far I have bent up a new steel 3/8 supply tube for the frame part with male JIC ends and will braze a male JIC on the engine tube so it will be all 3/8 and all JIC. The frame to engine supply hose will be teflon / stainless. Return tubes and frame to engine hose will be stock.

Many of the race car plumbing companies have the push on quick connect fittings to fit the selector valve in push on or JIC in all stainless or aluminum.
Look at Russel, Earls, Radium and many more. I googled "fuel injection quick disconnect "

I will likely replace all the orings and leave the stock lines on all but the delivery line from the selector valve to the prefilter ---->pump line.

I could do this a lot simpler and cheaper but I'm looking for a factory installed looking as reliable or more than original system.

Last edited:

Rico

Reaction score
Ditched the factory line. Ran Parker push lok hose. Just ended up using fuel injection hose clamps on the selector valve. So far so good

Latest posts

Members online